Guest Crazy Jo

Parroty holiday homes

We live very near to The Humber Bridge in North Lincolnshire and would be willing to look after any species. We don't have a lot of experience - we got our first bird, an African Grey, in October 2009 but we're sensible people and willing to take lots of time to listen to what the owners want for their birds. We wouldn't want paying but the owner would need to supply cage, food, favourite toys etc.

(Our African Grey is in good condition, by the way, thriving and talking loads.)

There is a general vet 2 streets away who has contact with an avian vet in North Yorkshire. We both work but there's usually only one day per week that we're both out all day from 7.30am to 4pm.

Your location : Hartlepool  - Cleveland 
What type of bird/s you may or may not be willing to accept : Any Really
What equipment needs you have Please supply your own cage and foods etc, 
How long you can look after a bird : up to 2 weeks
Do you have an avian vet within a reasonable travelling distance that you would be willing to take a bird to : 30 MINS AWAY BY CAR
Would the bird share a room with other birds : YES With My Blue Fronted Parrot
How you can be contacted: 07456049011 or tony.elsdon@ntlworld.com
Any other information - eg do you offer a professional service or would there be a charge etc : No Charge, just willing to help out while you enjoy your Holiday.

Edited by D13H4RD

Location – SW London

What type of bird/s you may or may not be willing to accept – Any type of bird / can take1 bird only
What equipment needs you have - Have a small spare cage
How long you can look after a bird – As long as needed
Do you have an avian vet within a reasonable travelling distance that you would be willing to take a bird to - Yes, 20 mins away
Would the bird share a room with other birds – The bird would share a room with our african grey
How you can be contacted – By private message via the website
Any other information - Not professional service, would not charge, would just hope to have the favour returned -you look after mine, I look after yours. We do request you bring your bird's own favorite mix. Fruits, vegetables, etc. will be provided daily.

Hi all

I'm trying desperately to find somewhere to board my 15 month old grey. We are due to go away in June 2014 for 17 days. We live in the Manchester area so virtually anywhere in the Northwest would suit. Any advice/suggestions much appreciated. Many thanks.

Chris

Hi all

I am happy to help out live in North Lanarkshire (West Scotland, Central Scotland, Glasgow) I have two african greys of my own do not have spare cages therefore would need to have cages with them, would share a room with my 2 african greys, stay about 20 mins from Lawrie Vets in Cumbernauld not a professional service would like the favour returned, can be contacted via pm.

Pamela

Hi Guys! I am desperately looking for somebody to look after my 13 months old CAG, Gizi. His usual place is suddenly not available due to illness. I am leaving soon for 6 weeks, (I know!), and I am panicking at the moment as I cannot find any suitable place for my boy. Is there anybody who could help us, please? I live in Hertfordshire and I am away from 27/11/14 until 6/1/15.

Please let me know. Thank you so much.

BTW, if there is anybody who needs help with pet birds due to holiday etc., please let me know as I might be able to help.

Joanna