bitmonkey

Trying to contact African Grey breeder Lesley aka Kleopatra

I am trying to track down a breeder called Lesley, aka Kleopatra, who I bought my 2 African Grey Parrots from about 10-12 years ago. I think that she may have lived in the home counties, possibly Bedfordshire, at the time. 

Due to an impending overseas move, and the new CITES regulations, I need to provide the shipper with confirmation of purchase, but unfortunately I didn't keep this, hence trying to track Lesley down to see if she still has records.

Any help with a contact email would be gratefully received. 

If it's the Kleo who used to be on here last location is down as Cambs. but has not visited the site si nce it was resurrected , but perhaps somebody will get her to contact you

I've got one of her birds, i never got it via her, i got it via here via someone she sold it to and needed to rehome after 2 1/2 years.

I paid cash.. no sale receipt.  It's how a lot of it is/was done.

After a lot of research i did, the majority of breeders are cash in hand (often for tax reasons (cube breeders) / help use it to feed existing flock), with no proof.

I also was told, apparently you can give your greys away and not have to go via the defra process (causes issues for the people you gift them too if they wish to sell on), but if you sell them you need the defra paperwork.

As you are shipping, you have to prove they're not wild caught and obtained from a breeder.

Keep us updated!

Thanks for the update admin. We do have a pre-CITES vet report/chip insertion and previous shipping paperwork before the rules came in, so I'm confident that if we had to prove we had them before the legislation changed I could do it,  but the airline has asked for a purchase receipt, so whether they'd accept other evidence, I don't know.

1 minute ago, bitmonkey said:

Thanks for the update admin. We do have a pre-CITES vet report/chip insertion and previous shipping paperwork before the rules came in, so I'm confident that if we had to prove we had them before the legislation changed I could do it,  but the airline has asked for a purchase receipt, so whether they'd accept other evidence, I don't know.

Like many, i have nothing.  Just a ringed grey with a piece of paper that is a hatch certificate (which anyone could have printed).

10 minutes ago, stormbird said:

Makes a mockery of the fact that if kept as a pet no paper work is required, if you wish to rehome due to changes in circumstance, as people say, don't give your pets away for free as there are a lot of flippers out there.  So, if you charge to weed out flippers, then Article 10 kicks in.  I wonder how many ignore this and sell them for cash.

Would be good to know where she is located as I would like to buy another Ecluctus parrot from her, have tried emailing her a few months ago but have not got an answer back from her. 

Thanks for the link stormbird and admin's comments too. Jumanji - do you have an email address for the lady you could share with me? If I manage to contact her I will of course let her know that you are looking for another bird.

1 hour ago, bitmonkey said:

Thanks for the link stormbird and admin's comments too. Jumanji - do you have an email address for the lady you could share with me? If I manage to contact her I will of course let her know that you are looking for another bird.

I can't give you the address due to data protection laws, as it's not public information.

I did emailed her a couple of days ago with a link to this post, i'vd had no response as of yet.

On 30/10/2018 at 16:15, bitmonkey said:
I am trying to track down a breeder called Lesley, aka Kleopatra, who I bought my 2 African Grey Parrots from about 10-12 years ago. I think that she may have lived in the home counties, possibly Bedfordshire, at the time. 

Due to an impending overseas move, and the new CITES regulations, I need to provide the shipper with confirmation of purchase, but unfortunately I didn't keep this, hence trying to track Lesley down to see if she still has records.

Any help with a contact email would be gratefully received. 

We haven't asked the obvious question, have you managed to obtain the CITIES Article 10 paperwork for your greys?

If haven't, that should be your objective, as for the shipper they should be made aware it's article 10 paper work that is required thus CITIES approved.