Jump to content
Neil

What presents are you getting your parrots this Christmas?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, stormbird said:

Xmas ? is that the time of year when I have to order extra food so that I don't run out of rations for the feathered hooligans ?

mine have their own food, so they shouldn't run out unless they invite other flocks over which i've not been told about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Neil said:

mine have their own food, so they shouldn't run out unless they invite other flocks over which i've not been told about.

Depends on the size of your flock & how much storage space you've got !   I've over 100Kg of bird food arriving tomorrow & I'll b e ordering more before Xmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZaZu gets a "big present order" from some parrot shops twice a year. Once in january (hey, I love a good sale!) and the other in the summer time, which I treat as her birthday. This is her in January with some of the stuff that arrived for her 😂
Usually a harness is always included, as she constantly chews through them. Other than that, food, treats, the more expensive foraging toys and the usual things. This big order twice a year usually keeps her going throughout the year (aside from additional orders of food)

KtzWjr70Oiet_Gq7LveEbEjEVsymeJ-RFfNk__BTZwmE96qqPsGJyajUXthf-e6NxSZSHgZ2OUdB9E6pzMUrk9Lbv2Jh-SuCv4zaEbE4Wz0wldae4Hu_FCs5teMH72x6WwAxmpEC8IHaRk6dPyBpPb_PccoNZeUeXuU9zTcTpmQiIPbBlCuD9EylCYPUGHa6aU4zPotP7_S37R4mSs3vwaRJpUtmyXdJP-Hibj3ek6kQMLMuJ11gSOu-GPW7ti-ptePe4th4Pvi0eCPWTdNmvnzRlF9xCU-It9Ux8fvGY4ZmfauWQqTQOZnDVKKF_aAS-3c7ydPCogZBCMXtcjBCn7kghVmdQr5HiXsGH-qtATENJ16w8ycheAwPFqJyTDHCNG0fTvBkxonxjLPY-Kk2cZj-m_wIElgi7UFR6h_s7R8GlOM3PXNpnKeSwyNjUwxo06sBbSsk9m-ifYn0WCJ59BHeMJUcWu2mUy0KVp_qeDbTnmfwtsxj_uhZkGLXrOgmVj24pZfiVW960ZQDM-bIPsqRym-z0d3UmCRvcumtp0seODctOdVSZHp0TT6AphxfHAQV12_VNDCihPru5McQjxTJtze9yG3-LxR___SatdUlOZHt1fIWUEigxGS3SKGE7vkP0OAmceif0bb3BXgJ7w78nQ=w1411-h1058-no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I usually go overboard with pressies on Dustys hatchday, so Xmas is a bit low key. I usually try to fill her cage with natural chewable foliage, nuts etc, forage toys from household rubbish eg. egg cartons, small boxes.....with yummies to keep her occupied when we visit "Grandma" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2018 at 18:46, stormbird said:

... I've over 100Kg of bird food arriving tomorrow & I'll b e ordering more before Xmas

Sounds like you have a lot of birds, @stormbird!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/11/2018 at 17:44, arwen said:

ZaZu gets a "big present order" from some parrot shops twice a year. Once in january (hey, I love a good sale!) and the other in the summer time, which I treat as her birthday. This is her in January with some of the stuff that arrived for her 😂
Usually a harness is always included, as she constantly chews through them. Other than that, food, treats, the more expensive foraging toys and the usual things. This big order twice a year usually keeps her going throughout the year (aside from additional orders of food)

KtzWjr70Oiet_Gq7LveEbEjEVsymeJ-RFfNk__BTZwmE96qqPsGJyajUXthf-e6NxSZSHgZ2OUdB9E6pzMUrk9Lbv2Jh-SuCv4zaEbE4Wz0wldae4Hu_FCs5teMH72x6WwAxmpEC8IHaRk6dPyBpPb_PccoNZeUeXuU9zTcTpmQiIPbBlCuD9EylCYPUGHa6aU4zPotP7_S37R4mSs3vwaRJpUtmyXdJP-Hibj3ek6kQMLMuJ11gSOu-GPW7ti-ptePe4th4Pvi0eCPWTdNmvnzRlF9xCU-It9Ux8fvGY4ZmfauWQqTQOZnDVKKF_aAS-3c7ydPCogZBCMXtcjBCn7kghVmdQr5HiXsGH-qtATENJ16w8ycheAwPFqJyTDHCNG0fTvBkxonxjLPY-Kk2cZj-m_wIElgi7UFR6h_s7R8GlOM3PXNpnKeSwyNjUwxo06sBbSsk9m-ifYn0WCJ59BHeMJUcWu2mUy0KVp_qeDbTnmfwtsxj_uhZkGLXrOgmVj24pZfiVW960ZQDM-bIPsqRym-z0d3UmCRvcumtp0seODctOdVSZHp0TT6AphxfHAQV12_VNDCihPru5McQjxTJtze9yG3-LxR___SatdUlOZHt1fIWUEigxGS3SKGE7vkP0OAmceif0bb3BXgJ7w78nQ=w1411-h1058-no

Lucky ZaZu! 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Sounds like you have a lot of birds, @stormbird!

Yes mainly Budgies  but I have a few  others including Titch the fiery shouldered Conure on my profile who is one I bred but sadly I nolonger have her parents , .

  But the collection is not limited to psittacines , and I recently had a pair of Burnished Buff Tanagers raise a youngster .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Googled Fiery Shouldered Conure - what lovely birds.  Congrats on the baby Burnished Buff Tanager!  They look like interesting birds too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×