Neil

What presents are you getting your parrots this Christmas?

4 hours ago, stormbird said:

Xmas ? is that the time of year when I have to order extra food so that I don't run out of rations for the feathered hooligans ?

mine have their own food, so they shouldn't run out unless they invite other flocks over which i've not been told about.

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

mine have their own food, so they shouldn't run out unless they invite other flocks over which i've not been told about.

Depends on the size of your flock & how much storage space you've got !   I've over 100Kg of bird food arriving tomorrow & I'll b e ordering more before Xmas

ZaZu gets a "big present order" from some parrot shops twice a year. Once in january (hey, I love a good sale!) and the other in the summer time, which I treat as her birthday. This is her in January with some of the stuff that arrived for her 😂
Usually a harness is always included, as she constantly chews through them. Other than that, food, treats, the more expensive foraging toys and the usual things. This big order twice a year usually keeps her going throughout the year (aside from additional orders of food)

KtzWjr70Oiet_Gq7LveEbEjEVsymeJ-RFfNk__BTZwmE96qqPsGJyajUXthf-e6NxSZSHgZ2OUdB9E6pzMUrk9Lbv2Jh-SuCv4zaEbE4Wz0wldae4Hu_FCs5teMH72x6WwAxmpEC8IHaRk6dPyBpPb_PccoNZeUeXuU9zTcTpmQiIPbBlCuD9EylCYPUGHa6aU4zPotP7_S37R4mSs3vwaRJpUtmyXdJP-Hibj3ek6kQMLMuJ11gSOu-GPW7ti-ptePe4th4Pvi0eCPWTdNmvnzRlF9xCU-It9Ux8fvGY4ZmfauWQqTQOZnDVKKF_aAS-3c7ydPCogZBCMXtcjBCn7kghVmdQr5HiXsGH-qtATENJ16w8ycheAwPFqJyTDHCNG0fTvBkxonxjLPY-Kk2cZj-m_wIElgi7UFR6h_s7R8GlOM3PXNpnKeSwyNjUwxo06sBbSsk9m-ifYn0WCJ59BHeMJUcWu2mUy0KVp_qeDbTnmfwtsxj_uhZkGLXrOgmVj24pZfiVW960ZQDM-bIPsqRym-z0d3UmCRvcumtp0seODctOdVSZHp0TT6AphxfHAQV12_VNDCihPru5McQjxTJtze9yG3-LxR___SatdUlOZHt1fIWUEigxGS3SKGE7vkP0OAmceif0bb3BXgJ7w78nQ=w1411-h1058-no

I usually go overboard with pressies on Dustys hatchday, so Xmas is a bit low key. I usually try to fill her cage with natural chewable foliage, nuts etc, forage toys from household rubbish eg. egg cartons, small boxes.....with yummies to keep her occupied when we visit "Grandma" 

On 22/10/2018 at 18:46, stormbird said:

... I've over 100Kg of bird food arriving tomorrow & I'll b e ordering more before Xmas

Sounds like you have a lot of birds, @stormbird!

On 14/11/2018 at 17:44, arwen said:

ZaZu gets a "big present order" from some parrot shops twice a year. Once in january (hey, I love a good sale!) and the other in the summer time, which I treat as her birthday. This is her in January with some of the stuff that arrived for her 😂
Usually a harness is always included, as she constantly chews through them. Other than that, food, treats, the more expensive foraging toys and the usual things. This big order twice a year usually keeps her going throughout the year (aside from additional orders of food)

KtzWjr70Oiet_Gq7LveEbEjEVsymeJ-RFfNk__BTZwmE96qqPsGJyajUXthf-e6NxSZSHgZ2OUdB9E6pzMUrk9Lbv2Jh-SuCv4zaEbE4Wz0wldae4Hu_FCs5teMH72x6WwAxmpEC8IHaRk6dPyBpPb_PccoNZeUeXuU9zTcTpmQiIPbBlCuD9EylCYPUGHa6aU4zPotP7_S37R4mSs3vwaRJpUtmyXdJP-Hibj3ek6kQMLMuJ11gSOu-GPW7ti-ptePe4th4Pvi0eCPWTdNmvnzRlF9xCU-It9Ux8fvGY4ZmfauWQqTQOZnDVKKF_aAS-3c7ydPCogZBCMXtcjBCn7kghVmdQr5HiXsGH-qtATENJ16w8ycheAwPFqJyTDHCNG0fTvBkxonxjLPY-Kk2cZj-m_wIElgi7UFR6h_s7R8GlOM3PXNpnKeSwyNjUwxo06sBbSsk9m-ifYn0WCJ59BHeMJUcWu2mUy0KVp_qeDbTnmfwtsxj_uhZkGLXrOgmVj24pZfiVW960ZQDM-bIPsqRym-z0d3UmCRvcumtp0seODctOdVSZHp0TT6AphxfHAQV12_VNDCihPru5McQjxTJtze9yG3-LxR___SatdUlOZHt1fIWUEigxGS3SKGE7vkP0OAmceif0bb3BXgJ7w78nQ=w1411-h1058-no

Lucky ZaZu! 😀

5 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Sounds like you have a lot of birds, @stormbird!

Yes mainly Budgies  but I have a few  others including Titch the fiery shouldered Conure on my profile who is one I bred but sadly I nolonger have her parents , .

But the collection is not limited to psittacines , and I recently had a pair of Burnished Buff Tanagers raise a youngster .

Just Googled Fiery Shouldered Conure - what lovely birds.  Congrats on the baby Burnished Buff Tanager!  They look like interesting birds too.