I am very pleased this forum has returned 

i have kept parrots for the last 18 years but have now sold all of them I found a fantastic home for them

i am now keeping Kakarikis 

looking forward to spending time on this forum

This year I only reared 2 parrots I also had clear and DIS eggs

I have had kakarikis before and enjoyed keeping them they are so active and will almost eat anything you give them 

life they fail to breed in a clutch they will go down again but it seems with the parrots if they fail you have to wait until next year 

I think most breeders I talked with have found this year a particularly poor breeding season. A lot of clear and DIS. The weather has been so extreme that the poor birds have found it difficult manage the eggs.

think it depends on what species / varieties of birds you  keep/ breed as I've mixed reports from breeders of other avian species . Waxbill breeders particularly have had variable results depending on what species they keep with some hasving excellent results whilest those with other species have had poor results 

I' ve bred Burnished Buf Tanagers for 1st time this year with one chick flyi ng & hopefully more in  nest

Seeing a few names from the past lol. Nice to be back, I've have a pretty quiet year also. Greys clear eggs ,Maxi's clear eggs, Sennies Dis Lets hope things pick up for the next rounds.