admin

Welcome back to the relaunch of the old forum but new updated forum

Welcome back to the relaunch of the old forum but updated forum.

What has everyone been up to over past 2 years and 9 months since we initially went dark?

I'll start:

I've been busy with ParrotAlert.com, also added CritterAlert.com (all pet edition of PA) last year, i'm now in the process of redeveloping the technology.

Also, i've been using facebook less, it's so fragmented and the engagement algorithms means you don't reach as many people as you think.. it's all about $$$ to boost posts.

I've kind of missed having something like this.

over to you!!!  Who is next?

Hi Neil. Hi Sue.

what's new with me over the last couple of years.   ........ 

I've gone self employed doing gardening, farm hand, diy, cleaning, handy woman type jobs locally but mostly on a local vineyard and winery which I find fascinating. It also has its perks  hic 

daughter has graduated uni and is now a primary teacher  

still have the three greys out in their aviary  Sindy Robbie Spike

no recent flare ups of my alveolitis -bird fanciers lung

enjoy walking the dog Poppy with hubby ..... Yes he is still putting up with me

more involved on uncles family farm ..... Sheep are so stupid!!! I love lambing time  and get right in the nitty gritty stuff

and of course still messing around with my beloved horses  

so missed this place

thanks to Neil for resurrecting the old bird X 

16 hours ago, Little Als Mum said:

Hi Neil. Hi Sue.

what's new with me over the last couple of years.   ........ 

I've gone self employed doing gardening, farm hand, diy, cleaning, handy woman type jobs locally but mostly on a local vineyard and winery which I find fascinating. It also has its perks  hic 

daughter has graduated uni and is now a primary teacher  

still have the three greys out in their aviary  Sindy Robbie Spike

no recent flare ups of my alveolitis -bird fanciers lung

enjoy walking the dog Poppy with hubby ..... Yes he is still putting up with me

more involved on uncles family farm ..... Sheep are so stupid!!! I love lambing time  and get right in the nitty gritty stuff

and of course still messing around with my beloved horses  

so missed this place

thanks to Neil for resurrecting the old bird X 

luckily i kept paying yearly for the domain name(s) and kept a copy of the site backup after i took it down.

@Pottys Mum approached me about bringing it back to life, i said i would, finding the time was the issue, eventually i had to find time and get on with it.

Lindsay here... I was very sad when this place disappeared!

I've since had a baby, shes now 3.

Cal is a chatterbox now too, he wasn't when I was last here. 

Gosh I started to think I had just imagined this place. I sorta grew up with it ha.

I am also pleased to see the Parrot-Link back up and running again,

Having retired last year from work, and more or less retired from breeding parrots although we still have a few breeding pairs.

We have our pet parrots Eclectus female (Poppy), Galah Cockatoo (Elvis), Senegal (Billy) and Caique ( Cheeky) which give us alot of pleasure.

And we visit parroty places whenever we can, just returned from the Global Parrot Convention in Tenerife.

Conservation of parrots in the wild are a main interest for us now and we intend to support this more in future, and perhaps spend some time seeing parrots in the wild which has become a ambition for us now, when the opportunity allows.

Anyway great to see some familiar people on here

34 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

I am also pleased to see the Parrot-Link back up and running again,

It's nice to see welcoming responses.

people are suffering from social media fatigue, hopefully we'll see the return of more people and new members.

please do talk about the conservation.  if you want, i can purchase and add the blog add-on for the forum so you can create blogs linked to topics.

I will happy to share some of my experiences and issues which are topical in relation to parrots and parrot conservation, but I will refrain from blogging as I fear it would be rather dull compared to those dedicated parrot conservation workers who spend there lives dedicated to protecting parrots in the wild. 

I am fortunate to have met a few and the issues of conservation increasingly seem to become more and more complex, with sometimes unexpected consequences.

Yay 😁👋 to all!

Was only thinking about parrot link the other day.  Still got my greys, Willow and Daisy, and yes they still hate each other, more than ever. 

Good to see some familiar names and look forward to seeing more, and new members of course.

Hi Fokls!  Just had the email (from Niel?) re site's resurrection.  We've moved, with all the birds!  to near Bridgwater.  I've taken up horse riding again and done about 5500 miles over the past 4 years, with Harry/horse.  Have greys and Amazons here still, plus Mr Big, the Meyers with his massive ego!  I'm still selling my 'number one best selling parrot book' and doing some talks to students and vets etc.  But I'm semi retired now and spending quite a bit of time in the saddle here on the Quantock Hills!  

glad to be back... I may have more birds roaming my house than I did last time.... and I'm buried as usual under insanely sized cosplay projects...which of course I have to work nights on because Parrots+crafting= zero progress and infinite mess. 

Bahamut.jpg

19400801_10203186959751753_342038073_o.jpg

22780324_10203692044258550_7235480919202942897_n.jpg

Nice to see a lot of names I recognise :)

It was a nice surprise to see the email and link...long may it reign :)

Still here, 12 birds.....lost 2, one flew, one had a heart attack......found 3!

4 galah's, 3 greys, 3 citrons and 2 caiques....look forward to see more faces.

I spent that time working with in home community support of elderly and or people with disabilities. I have now retired and have become a bicycle riding fanatic, sold my car to my niece so I ride instead of riding. My beloved Dusty is doing well, she's 18yrs now, and just as naughty. We have become involved with Staffy and Bully Breed Rescue, and adopted two dogs, Scout a staffy/border terrier and Dotty an American staffy.  So happy this forum is alive again.