Hi all

Sorry haven't posted for a while I'm an old member mum to Jock and Cassie. Well my baby Jock has been diagnosed with the above he has been fighting this for 7 weeks now barely spending more than 7 days at home before being took back into vets. I'm at a loss as to how or why this has happened to him sadly it looks as if we have came to the end of the road he has been getting vfend as well as an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic as well as nebulising and we don't seem to be able to get a grip on this. He has been in vets from Sunday now on oxygen we were hoping to do an X-ray and scope again today but he simply isn't strong enough. He seems to recover to the point he can go home and then he just doesn't seem to be able to cope. Both will probably go ahead on Friday at this stage we have nothing to lose we need to know if anything else is going on, can we do something different or if things haven't changed got worse :( I was just reaching out really to get some thoughts/experience of this horrible disease ????

Asper is a difficult disease to cope with ,  treat , defend against as the fungal spores are all around although some enviroments are worse for promiting their growth & ability to infect . Also some birds seem more prone to infection than others . And due to the complexity of the avian respiratory system fungal infections are difficult to treat as antimicrobials have difficulty reaching into the air sacs to combat the infecting organisms . nebulisation with suitable drugs does work but I understand many anti fungals are not capable of being used that way . I have heard of F10 disinfectant being used with some effect , and in extreme cases surgical washing of the air sacs can work BUT there is extreme risks with carrying out such procedures .

Sorry I can't give any more positive advice , but we can but hope that some treatment might work

Just back from seeing Jock not good at all there seems to be something else going on not just this to be honest he looks demented that is the only way I can describe it constantly scratching, biting his feet, biting his feathers, making noises I have never heard in my life before bobbing his head from side to side, the skin around one of his eyes was getting more discoloured the 1.5hours I was with him. He was being nebulised at home with F10 twice per day as well as all the meds but as I say it is clear there is something else going on now. Unfortunately vet wasn't there as I had asked to see Jock before tomorrow so won't get to speak to him till first thing

Just back from seeing Jock not good at all there seems to be something else going on not just this to be honest he looks demented that is the only way I can describe it constantly scratching, biting his feet, biting his feathers, making noises I have never heard in my life before bobbing his head from side to side, the skin around one of his eyes was getting more discoloured the 1.5hours I was with him. He was being nebulised at home with F10 twice per day as well as all the meds but as I say it is clear there is something else going on now. Unfortunately vet wasn't there as I had asked to see Jock before tomorrow so won't get to speak to him till first thing

Sorry to say that does not sound good ! It could be that the diagnosis is wrong , he's got a secondary problem , or that the new symptoms are a reaction to the medication but I'm not certain as I'm not familiar with all the drugs being used