james_uk

Good prices for insurance for a gc conure in uk?

Hi, has anyone here got theirgc conure insured? and if so which company have you gone with and what are the prices, does it also include check ups etc..

Many thanks for any advice in advance.

James

Thanks for that, just done a quote and its pretty dear isn't it, actually more than i pay for home contants insurance lol

there was a cheaper quote of £5 per month but didnt include vet fees, the cheapest price that inc vet fees was £15 per month.

i also think for a gc they may be making more money than they need to for this bird, when i put my gc's details in he was only listed under large parrot, i tried small bird at first but i was suprised the gc wasn't in that section, i really wouldn't say a gc should be classed as a large bird?

i only say that because if the insurance was for a small bird im assuming it would be a little cheaper?

James

Edited by james_uk

Thanks for that, just done a quote and its pretty dear isn't it, actually more than i pay for home contants insurance lol

there was a cheaper quote of £5 per month but didnt include vet fees, the cheapest price that inc vet fees was £15 per month.

i also think for a gc they may be making more money than they need to for this bird, when i put my gc's details in he was only listed under large parrot, i tried small bird at first but i was suprised the gc wasn't in that section, i really wouldn't say a gc should be classed as a large bird?

i only say that because if the insurance was for a small bird im assuming it would be a little cheaper?

James

Maybe is that cheap compared to larger birds... not insured mine.. so can't compare.

Spare a thought for our overseas folk who live in Australia and the USA, no bird insurance there.. you're on your own there.

I'm still with Golden Valley (even though they're now managed by the same people that manage Exotics Direct) - do they not accept new clients anymore?

I've recently insured birds with golden valley so yes they are still taking on new clients, they operate from the same office as exotic direct so when you ring you have to ask for quote from both company's . It depends on the cover you want, mine are insured for vet fees only ,not death and they were very reasonable.