Milli

How do I rehome?

Another biting incident with the caiques. One group is going to have to go. So how do I find them a good home? Don't know where to start. Can't afford anymore vet bills like this. Please help, I feel gutted. :

Have they got their own room? or room for a really big cage. Just wondering if a large parrot cage/indoor avairy might be the answer, like a large flight cage, 6 foot long or something.  Keep one group in that then swap them around and let the other ones out so they all have out time the cage is big enough so the others can see fly about well  and play when they are in.

How's the situation going? There is something you coudld try, a light wing clip on the aggresive ones, not everyone will agree but it's better than rehoming or a vets bill. I'm not talking  taking their flight away just slowing them down a bit.  It often takes the aggresion away or reduces it.

Edited by Gemstone

Hey - everything so far on an even keel. I am keeping both tribes totally seperate. Milli's toe is finally better and he had his plastic collar off yesterday - oh happy bird! ;D  I think I feel a bit better about the situation now that I have accepted they will never be all out together. I think I had this little birdy dream in my head of them all being pals, and snuggling up and preening each other and playing. It is not going to happen! :-[  I am just a little worried about Jasper who is staring to squabble with his other two. A light wing clip is not out of the question - I did actually consider proper wing clipping at one point so I could take them all outside but couldn't make up my mind - they do love to fly you see! Happiness level seems good at the moment - as long as they can't see each other they will play and beak about. Obviously it will be even better come Spring and Summer when they will be taking turns in the outdoor flight and playing with fresh branches. I think winter is a bit depressing for parrots as well!

Will keep everyone up to date with how they are going. ;D

Have a look at "avi calm " you can only get it from the states but I have some, you only need a small amount, may help with aggressiveness .

Let me know I can send some to you

Thanks Fannyann - will have a look into this. Lots of mating behaviour going on at the moment - Milli regurgitating for Farky and scuttling around in their bread bin at night. The 'poorly' toe is no longer bothering him at all!