I went into my vet yesterday and whilst there discovered that the local 'bird man' - a lovely chap who took in all those waifs and strays too ill or injured to be released - had been reported to the RSPCA.

After years of helping not only the birds but also those, like me who needed help from time to time when I found a bird in need of help, the RSPCA insisted he take his entire flock to be destroyed.

The nurses at the vets have cancelled their sponsorship of the RSPCA.

I can't begin to imagine how he must have felt. All he did was care for the sick and injured.

Disgusted.

Whatever for???

If I were him I'd have smuggled them away if I could.  Has this happened yet?  

I'd be on the phone to the local press, TV stations and whoever `i could think of!

A friend of mine was arrested for keeping fighting dogs - they're springer spaniels! 

this seems to be a regular ocurance with the RSPCA & they even do it to rescues they have used them selves . It's one of the many reasons why a petion has been sent to the Government to have them investigated as they are a Law unto themselves  & contary to their claims ,they do not have new powers under the last Animal Welfare Bill

If this has not been drawn to the attention of the press it's time it was

Yes this is true, there was a place called the rescuers wildlife sanctuary  which they took wildlife to, was very well known, always getting good press then I heard a few years back the RSPCA shut them down. Lord knows what happend to the animals and birds.