dirtyed

African Grey Looking For & Offering Holiday Home- Buckinghamshire

Hi we have a young african grey (eddie) and often find when we go away for weekends or annual holidays it is tough to find a suitable holiday home- WHY? I guess the same reason why not everyone has a parrot as a pet and they require different care to a goldfish or a dog? Anyway what we are looking for is a long term relationship with a like minded owner who can offer board for Eddie in return for a place for their parrot to stay when they go on holiday? I only have experience with african greys but would be prepared to consider other breeds. If you can offer somewhere for Ed to stay but don't need somewhere for you own parrot we would also love to hear from you too. Thanks for reading, Phil.

Hi Phil. My name is Joanna and I live Hertfordshire. I am also looking for somebody who would be happy and suitable to look after my CAG friend, Gizi. I would do the same in return when needed. Is your offer still on, please? I am looking for a holiday home for my boy at the moment. Can you help? I look forward to hearing from you. Regards. Jo 

Hi, I've just come across this site and was having the same problem. Found a lady who moved several times and is now in Coventry. I have an 8 year old Afgrican grey  (Xena, was going to be Bert until we found out he was a she) who is incredibly tame and goes to most people. One of my customers looks after her at holiday time, but if you are ever stuck for a sitter just give me a shout. I'm in MK. Or I have used Bruno's pet shop on the old A5 up by Rugby when I was really stuck.

Hi Phil,

We're in bucks and have a male CAG too. We also have a double cage so housing would be no probs as we can put a divider in. 

We have 2 little terriers so as long as your bird is good with dogs and has no illnesses that can be passed on to our CAG, happy to meet to see if the birds get on. 

Our boy is a little bossy 😁

Aarti

Edited by a4rti