lea33red

June Edwards / Parrotcare Charity Birds - 20 plus birds seized by the RSPCA

i am so mad .june has had over 24 plus birds siezed by the rspca.fact!!!!! this is not lies.the rspca  will not answer my frantic calls to see if molly was 1 of the birds.s.there has even been an offer by another dedicated bird lover to pay for treatment of the birds so they would not be put down.this was dissmissed by john lawson rspca inspector who took the birds..i have begged and and pleaded with the rspca to ring me .i have all mollys papers to prove she  is my bird.not slept for 2 days waiting for rspca to ring me back.who do  they think they are  the rspsa.a friend that hAS BEEN FRANTIC to pay for the birds treatment then was shown no respect at all,we all need to badger the rspca and find out were the poor birds are,i WANT MOLLY BACK.the rspca will not even talk to me,how is this right,please all you bird lovers,we have to stick together on this one. phone inspector lawson ,and lets all demand were the birds are.im counting on all your support,lots of love lea.you all have my phone number.i really need you all to support me on this one.not for my sake,not just for mollys sake,for the rest of these poor birds.many many thanks lea xxx

Oh wow!

I really hope you get some answers Lea.

I'd be off to a solicitor and get them on the case - I think the RSPCA would then be forced to take note.

Wishing you all the best - do you know the circumstances?

I agree with Net - get to a solicitor ASAP - and get them to contact the RSPCA -

You could also contact your local radio station and local News Paper =

taking a picture with you to the News Paper.

Do you know if any birds still remain with June and does Sue have any birds left with her/

Is it at all possible that Molly is with Sue?

Lots of mixed emotions here - happy that the birds have been taken from June,

but sadness with worry , not knowing their fate.

Thank you, Sonic.

Lea - do go to a solicitor - most of them do 15 - 20 minutes free -

you've got nothing to loose , but everything to gain.

You can't do this by yourself and nobody here can do it for you - as much as we all would dearly love to .

Edited by timneh

you have to phone inspector john lawton threw the rspca number.all the birds were vetted by jacquie patterson at cleveland who by the way is not an avian vet she deals with reptiles,if she has put any of these poor birds down ,woe betide her,they were then sent to.great hayton.now i cannot trace them any futher than this point.the number for the manager there is ann who clearley lied to me me knowing the birds were there her number is 01642 473946 billbo the gahlar who was kept in a cat carrier and june said was thrown against a wall ,hoovered up and had brain damage load of **** my friends i had billbos sister that past away i have still got his brother harry thats been here for a number of years.no brain damage,its a genetic bone problem,harry is happy falls over somtimes,well adjusted happy bird that runs round the house with his beak on the floor when he has a power run to chase me.love exersisie play and love is all harry needed,when i got him he used to roll over like billbo,the big differance is .i did not shut him in a cat carrier in his own sh*t.love care and attention is what billbo needs,i pray rspca have not put him down,he can come here to be reabilitated and live a nice life with his brother,but we dont know were he is cos rspca will not tell us anything,once again i ask for all your support,lets help the birds,not let the rspca hide or put them down,you all demand to know whats happening to these poor souls,i promise myself and other people would do the same for you,please help lea xxxxxxxxx

If the RSPCA have seized them then I presume they would have taken them to a vet, avian I hope for check-ups, how about contacting local vets in the area, obviously avian vets further afield, the only ones I know of round there is matt brash,s old vets at strensall , near York and international zoo vets at Bradford.

Matt Brash doesn't practice as such now anyway.  He sold his practice some time ago.  He does zoo and 'Government' work.

You'd have thought that this might have featured somewhere in the papers wouldn't you?  especially after the sudden closure of the charity and subsequent allegations of misappropriation of funds.  I suppose its because to a lot of people parrots don't really matter...

Is there anyway you can get the Press involved?   If the press are involved the RSPCA wouldn't have much choice in letting people know the birds are at least safe, it may even help get Mollie back.

Fingers and Toes crossed the birds are all safe and getting what they finally need.      

Its just such a shame it had to come to this, why did June let it get this far and let these poor birds suffer >:(   

Things were going wrong long before the "Charity" closed and came to general attention.

It seems that things didn't, in fact, "go wrong" - this was the way that June ran things and was the general way of life for the birds that went to her.

Frightening to think June might be just one of many who grab any and every bird - just to keep them in such a miserable existence - for no reason other than their own greed. Either the greed of the sheer number of birds, or the greed financially from financial donations.

She did the same before - with horses -let's all hope that she is prevented from doing it again in the future.

Lea - Nobody here is going to be able to get Molly for you -

Only a solicitor can help you - GO TO ONE THIS MORNING - you can't afford to waste any more time.

and please let us know how you get on -we all hope that the solicitor can help you.

The one thing that I really don't understand is how, even up to the end June still had a few firm supporters that completely refused to believe the truth?   They blindly followed her, It reminded me of a religious sect, quite scary in fact.    

I hope if nothing else, anyone who has learnt and read about the pitfalls of Parrotcare will have learnt a very valuable lesson.   If they are ever in the unfortunate position of rehoming their beloved pets that they thoroughly check out the organisation they give them up too.    This would include an un-announced visit to prove there is nothing to hide, amongst other things, like contracts and monies involved etc

Absolutely agree Freebird.

Unfortunately, not many birds were actually taken there in person -

it was all done in blind faith.

Very much along the lines of how Steve Nichols works to add to his collection !

I trusted June myself - for 8 years- and the only comfort I have is that I did not send any birds to her, directly or by referral.

The more we can make all this about Parrotcare and June known, the more chance we have of stopping other people and birds becoming victims.

All very, very sad.

This is from someone who isn't posting on here, but has followed every sad post -

and I'm posting this because I think it says it all...

"Thing is, truth always will out and people shouldn't be afraid to speak up when they see for themselves that something is very wrong and that an animal is suffering. I don't mean by hearsay and what they've heard from others, but to see things for yourself and say nothing for fear of being called a holier than thou, troublemaker/liar/witch-hunter is just wrong."

The trouble is in this case, whenever anyone voiced concerns, everyone jumped to June's defence- even although they had not actually been to June's and witnessed the conditions.

Unfortunately, princetaz, nobody can find out which birds were taken -

although I have been told that ALL birds in June's possession were taken.

Thank you Roz -

now that the birds have been seized, I wonder how many allies remain?

still waiting for rspca to tell me if molly was among the birds,its been 3 days now waiting for rspca to ring me back.you would think inspector john lawson would just ring and let me know.its no use getting leagle involement unless rspca tell me if molly is one of the birds involved.doing my best people to find out where the birds are,as the other birds involved belong to some other poor soul thats also been conned out of there birds,i will post as soon as i here anything,its like waiting to be hung but the rspca dont care about that,like i put in another post that another respected member offered to pay vets fee,s and was turned down.if there is any of junes supports know anything now her game is up i urge you to come forward,we have all been conned by june so dont worry.l was a supporter of june myself untill i found out what was happening,i am not just doing this for molly ,we need to know whats happening to the other poor birds,it would be so very very!!!!!!!!!!!!!helpfull if someone who was close to june and has seen the light could please tell us if they know which birds were taken.you could even phone me and not tell me your name so other owners know if there birds are involved,plus if any one can call or post to let us know if billbo was one of the birds as i said i have his brother,my number once again is 01709 740177,also if you have given june a bird ring me and lets get a list together of birds that maybe involved.so me and my 2 friends can try and find out where my and your birds are,1 of my friends has worked so hard on this for 18 months,we will try our best to help you lea.x

Lea, June had a few Birdline Birds too so Sheila Downes has been alerted and she is on the case, she is phoning about now to find out what, where, who, etc.

She also has been passd your number and has been told about Mollie and Bilbo.  Lets hope she can pull a few strings and find something out.

been told parrot care charity is still active what a joke,and that june is in hospital,she maybe playing the im so ill card,maybe they have found birds that are really bad and rspca or going to prosicute her,so thats why she is playing im so ill card,thats just my thought as the woman is so devious.you can look up parrot care charity for yourself,s and see that it is still active,lea x

I sent a completed a complaint form this morning to the Charties Commission asking them to close the Charity down, I'm amazed it's still going.    I had an email yesterday from Easyfunding telling me I could win £200 to give to my favourite charity Parrotcare ???.

Sadly the RSPCA will only seize birds if they are in a seriously bad condition, and I mean very bad.  Even if June was ill there is no excuse for the birds to be in such a condition they needing seizing.   It breaks my heart to think what sort of state they must have been in :( to let them suffer rather than be helped, putting pride over welfare.     How can any so called parrot lover let their birds suffer?  I would rather give my birds away than let them suffer >:(  

Where were her so called supporters, they supported her via nasty posts and threats, shame they couldn't help June with the birds in her care.   I need mention no names as we all know who they are, just goes to show money doesn't buy everything!   I hope they are ashamed of themselves.

I think everyone needs to fill out a complaint form to get Parrotcare closed a.s.a.p.   If you search by the charity number you can find Parrotcare.   "Parrotcare and Rehabilition - Reg No. 1137240.