Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

and crawls back out from under the woodwork.. HELLO

:-[ Took a wood pigeon to June and never even bothered to say thank you  ::)

And the longer it got the more embarressed I felt and the longer I left it......etc etc.

So a big cyber hug to anyone that might remember me and 'hellooo' to anyone that doesn't.  Willow and Daisy, my african greys say 'hi' too (and other things I wouldn't like to mention on a family orientated site).

I have finally done it - hooray! Alot to catch up with I'm sure and I see some familiar names still about.  I found this site over 5 years ago when a timneh decided to land in my garden and started a passion for parrots that's not gone away.  I remember thinking how strange it was - all these 'adults' referring to themselves as parroty mums and dads with their 'fids'.  It didn't stay strange for long  :D

Hellloooo!!!

I wondered where you were  ;D

How's Daisy's wing now?  I hope the feathers grew back and she's learned how to fly and not crash anymore.  Has Willow realised that Daisy's staying?  ::)

What a lovely welcome back - feel all warm inside.

Will have to do an update in parrot diaries but in answer to you questions Net YES DAISY CAN FLY!  This has been a quite recent event and landing is not her best talent but the other day she managed to fly from her cage, round a corner and land on my shoulder.  She still loves me and only me but seems much happier generally. Willow is as sassy and naughty as ever.  They are not what you would call best buddies but certainly tolerate each other.

June - are you telling me that the little one winged wood pigeon I brought to you is now a mum?

Yes she is, She made friends with a wild pigeon and a rock dove, and all three lived in a large wooden box on the floor of the aviary, they all settled down to the point where they took no notice of me going in and out, A friend took some of my other pigeons and offered them a home in a purpose made aviary so off they went all living together and next thing they had babies, the three babies were released back into the wild in the summer.

She has a home for life with friends.

June that is so wonderful - got tears in my eyes my eyes.  Thank you so much for taking her and please thank your friend - and YA BOO SUCKS to those who told me to ring her neck (no one from this site I hasten to add).

Also thanks for advice re my mallard but will stick to the wildlife forum here for further comment.

and YA BOO SUCKS to those who told me to ring her neck (no one from this site I hasten to add).

Totally agree!

My little pigeon produces two eggs every two or three weeks and would make a great mum :P