Sign in to follow this  
Pottys Mum

Little pigeon just had a bath..Now she's got eggies!

I was cleaning her out and, as usual, she came out for a little run around.

She found an old potting tray full of mud and water that has been sitting idle for months - my garden is not the neatest ::) - and, on the coldest day of the autumn so far, jumped straight in and had a lovely bath.

In fact, she had several.

I just sat there with her and watched her.

Then she gave herself a really good preen (her neck feathers are all coming back) and then jumped in and had another bath :P

I power sprayed all the Coccoon, except for the tray and sleeping boxes, as they wouldn't dry out.

So I think she's happy again. But no more eggs yet, which is unusual.

Aww bless :-* Glad she is feeling better like us always better after a nice bath :)Always amazes me how they choose to jump in the water bowl in the aviary when it is cold but not so much when it is warm ;D ;D

I am happy to hear that she is getting her feathers back, and is nice and clean ;D

I just read your topic about her feather loss, and it maybe because this time of year most wild birds moult. In our garden this past month I have noticed all the Black birds etc looking very tatty. 

This past few weeks a few of the visiting pigeons seem to look especially bad  around the neck and head area.

So perhaps this was normal. I don't know what mechanism works in their bodies for moulting, but maybe your little pigeon felt she could drop the lot in one go, as she is well fed and sheltered warm and cared for?