Sign in to follow this  
Alemap

Red Front macaws

Hopefully they will leave the nest this week as they are looking out all the time, will try and get a picture later in the week.

This took 4yrs from buying my first red fronts to getting chicks.

Guest anz3001

LOL, Same could be said about anything.

lets put it another way, are the conditions for breeding red front macaws difficult to get right........

Red fronted macaws aren't common in aviculture or in the wild so its always good when rarer birds are successfully bred.

Asking if breeding a particular species is difficult is a bit like asking how long is a piece of string.

Depends on the birds, the breeder etc. etc.

Guest anz3001

Tell you what forget I said anything, well done Alemap.

(please feel free to tell us about the conditions that the birds were bred in if you see fit. I for one am more interested in learning a little about the less common birds than yet another round pedantism)

My Redfront macaws are kept in 20ft long x5ft wide x 8ft high aviaries, they are fed on sprouted seeds and pulses,premium parrot mix and mixed nuts. The rest really is up to the birds, courtship was long and mating was daily for around 2 months before they laid. Hopefully next year my other pr may lay and i will be able to offer unrelated prs for sale.

:)