I don't think so.

Some listed in last years PS breeding register, but probably details sent in wrong.

Someone from South Wales? contacted me saying he kept them, didn't believe them so asked for pics and never heard from them again. Took it as a scam so deleted info.

not as bad as i thought tbh. is there an estimate on how many breeders of them are in and around europe? i knew they were rare, but info is even scarcer than i though.

It is also important to setup a viable population overseas - Currently there are 26 TRUE robustus in the EU. The sad fact is that the nominate species is going to go extinct in the wild - There is too much against them.

Copied from a south african breeder.

Can't be true must be the subspecies. Robustus only in Germany - Martin Guth (6), Netherlands (4), and the rest in France (Mulhouse Zoo) + Loro Park (16 between them). Will you get to see them ever in person?

This is the reply from the South African breeder when i told him there were Robustus for sale in Europe.

There is one person in France who has them in his collection (Olivier) - They do not belong to him, they are on breeding loan from Mulhouse Zoo. It would be interesting to get proof of them birds - Only three people have ever legally exported them from South Africa - John Spence in the 80's these are the Mulhouse Loropark birds, Sass Du Toit (Martin Guths partner in SA) these are the Germany birds then me who sent to the Netherlands. The big issue is that people all over the world call the Grey Head a Cape.

This is my SA friends reply, i find this quite an interesting subject as i have also been offered these in the past and could never be sure if they were genuine.

I have made some enquiries to this seller being just a little interested in the other sub species he has on offer.  The seller had for sale also  Robustus R. Suahelicas and  Robustus R.Fuscicollis. So he appears to know what he has for sale and sounds very genuine. :-\ However I don't know him personally and not heard of him before, so I am abit apprehensive especially as even the other subspecies are a fair amount of money to a hard up bird breeder like me  :(

But it has at least re-ignited my interest in these larger poicephalus parrots  :)

Martin,

Yes that's the guy (Oliver) with the Robustus Robustus. I know they belong to the Mulhouse Zoo. He does have youngest but

will only exchange young Robustus Robustus.

As Graham said ( The seller had for sale also  Robustus R. Suahelicas and  Robustus R.Fuscicollis. So he appears to know what he has for sale and sounds very genuine.)

I am waiting for him to return from his holiday. Once he's back he's going to send me photos of the birds. So then i can clarify if

they are pure cape parrots.

Apparently this guy has promised the birds to quite a few people. I hear that they are 10,000euro a pair direct from South Africa, so if they are in Europe and being sold for 5000euro, then there is obviously a problem..May be 2 males? There are many more males than females..

Im very curious about the situation for the Robustus, so I really would like to hear if anyone have any new information as this thread is old :)
Sylvia99, there is a breeder in Portugal in case your still looking. Plus I know of a breeder in Holland.

I know there is at least one Robustus breeder in Holland, but not been able to dig out his contact information.