Sign in to follow this  
Greg Glendell

Cruel 'training' of grey parrot

I don't do social network sites, but saw this hiddeous video on Youtube at:

where a parrot is bullied into submission by this pet shop woman.  If you feel the same as me about what you see in the video, do let her have your thoughts.  You can Email her at Cageworld at:

Questions@Cageworldaz.com

Email I sent to Cageworld on 9th April 2012:  Questions@Cageworldaz.com

Hello,

I have just been asked to watch a video, on You tube of you/your staff 'training'  an grey parrot who was said to be difficult to get in and out of its cage at:

I work as a companion parrot behaviourist and have written several books on companion parrot care.  I  work with avian vets on bird welfare issues. 

Your video clip is one of the most cruel and dreadful things I have seen people do to birds.  It's difficult to watch this.  The bird is merely *bullied into submission*,  has its wings clipped in a casual manner and then stands petrified on its perch.  I hope others will complain to you.  I  will tell as many people as I can about your cruel practices.  Those doing this, and advocating this sort of 'care' should be prosecuted for gross cruelty.  I will try to get others to see what you are doing to birds and hope you get a lot more complaints.  Your thoughtless, selfish and mindless cruelty is utterly appalling to watch. 

In disgust,

Greg Glendell

I have sent an email telling her just how bad I think she is and asking them to remove the video so that no one copies them.

hi that was so disgusting it was untrue!!!  evil evil women!!  i have a tiel who through bad handling methods is very hand shy and probably always will be!!!!  i just feel so sorry for the grey - can see the poor bird being sold on soon!!!  esslouis

Horrible, although youtube is a cornucopia of bad bird advice.

to wit

lady clips feathers of unflighted African grey chick

An un-sedated  Amazon gets its beak dremel-ed

I wish someone would just set about making a decent series of videos on youtube and not the terrible stuff that get vomitted up.

If your doing a companion care lecture GG might be worth uploading a filmed copy to youtube?

Ive emailed that lady.