Sign in to follow this  
AlisonH

Hello! (AlisonH)

Hi! I'm Alison. I'm originally from Bermuda, but have moved to the UK to study law at the University of Kent. I've always been interested in birds, and was given my first pair of parakeets at age 7. Since then, it's been a downward (or upward, depending on how you look at it) spiral into parrot-obsession!

Back home in Bermuda, I am owned by:

Iago (blue fronted amazon)

Goose & Dusty (green cheeked conures)

Gypsy (yellow-sided green cheeked conure)

Bug & Dot (fischer's lovebirds)

7 cockatiels and 13 parakeets (who share an outdoor aviary)

Cali & Soot (cats)

Breeze (german shepherd dog)

My endlessly-patient mother is currently looking after the menagerie while I'm here. But! I missed them all so much that I had to get Zazu, my wonderful, cuddly-tame, spoiled-rotten nuisance of an African Grey parrot.

I'd love to meet more parroty-people here in the UK, and share my knowledge of feathered friends with whomever I can.

Welcome bless your mum for keeping your feathered friends happy :D Yes if you have been owned by parrots and suddenly without one you feel incomplete :lol: Zazu sounds adoreable can we see a pic?

Posted Image

Loads to share, learn and enjoy

Please, feel free to ask anything you would like more info about or hear others experiences of. We are proud of our friendliness and sense of community and welcome all who join us whether an experienced parrot keeper, breeder, hobbyist, one-bird owner or researching parrots as a possible addition to your life

I haven't tried Chubes (never even heard of them) but after a quick google, they look quite exciting! Will have to give them a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for this as well - you're right, they do have some brilliant stuff. Might have to place an order there very soon :)

Also been browsing through your photobucket - you have gorgeous babies!

Im also new to the site just registered today, I currently have an african grey named Syd who is about 47 years old, talks, sings and whistles, his old own recently died and I inherited him and have had him for 4 months and he has taken to me wonderfully, singing and whistling from the first day and talking within a week. He also sits on my shoulder and I can stoke his feathers without any problem and even after only 4 months speak new words like me, which I find amazing!