Sign in to follow this  
cw_lilstar

Can anyone help ? dog that needs rehoming

My stepmums anty rehomed a jack russell called molly just b4 xmas molly is year old and jackie is finding her very hard to manage. Jacki has had jack russells in the past from pups right thru to old age her last one died i think at the age of 17 last year so she is used to jack russells but molly is proving to be too mcuh for her and she would like to find someone who will re home her she is not asking for any money just that molly finds a nice loving home with someone who has lots of time for her.

In my opinion molly needs training she needs to be told what she can and cant do and she needs more one one one training ie puppy classes or someone who can spend a lot of time with her teaching her the rights and wrongs.

2 reasons why jacki is rehoming molly she has a 12/13 year old who had friends round recently and molly bit one of the lads legs his parents were very good about it but jacki has kids living at home and she does not want one of them to be injured. molly is not good with other dogs and has been known to try and attack them when out walking . . . she is a very lovley dog she just needs someone to get her on the right track if anyone thinks they can help then please pm me :D

Here is a few piccies of molly

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/cw_lilstar/20277_1340139104117_1250356596_1005.jpg

oh she is beautiful we are looking to rehome another dog and would particularly like a jrt but we already have a dog so any we rehome would have to be good with other dogs else we would have her in a heart beat

unfortunatly she would need to be able to settle with Charlie immediately everything else we could work around but she is stunningly beautiful,

where is she? might help if people know where she is

JRT's need a VERY firm hand and they have to be trained well, as she is a year old this is still possible............but it will all depend on why she is attacking, I presume she has been checked out by a vet for any underlying problems?

JRT's are one of the most loyal breeds and for it to attack other dogs and people it would need someone very expereinced with this breed...... I already have 3 JRT's so I cant take her even though she is gorgeous and I wish you luck in finding her a good & suitable home as it will be her 3rd home already :shock: and only a year old that's heartbreaking :cry:

We are also in the early processes of thinking about adding another dog to the household and would have been interested but unfortunately our new addition would have to be dog friendly as we have a number of other dogs on the farm, some elderly, who must be considered first.

Best of luck with finding her a new home.

Hey .... she is in milton keynes shame all u lovely people who could take her on but i think she needs a no doggie home so she gets the one on one training. Im not to sure about the vets thing i will ask tho what kind of problem could it be ?

Agression could be a underlying health problem, dogs are rarely human agressive unless they have had NO training or just the wrong training, or its just a case of pent up energy, as any owner of a JRT will tell you it takes a lot to wear these little so n so's out. The first thing the vets will do is take a full blood test and that will tell them if any further investigation is needed.

It will also be worth asking the vets about rehoming as they may or hear of someone that is looking that has the time to put in with this little girl.

Good Luck