Sign in to follow this  
charlie9009

Missing Kiwi :(

Last night I had to take Kiwi to stop at my mums as we're re painting the whole house for the next few days (well, OH is!) I've only had her a couple of months, but I miss her loads already! I got up this morning and felt lost without her trying to help me make Reece's lunch for playschool, and trying to help me with my breakfast! :(

It is suprising how much of an impact they make on your life. OH just thinks I'm being silly when I say I miss her already, so I thought I'd say something to people that will understand!!

I am looking forward to visiting her later though! :D

It's hard isn't it...so paint fast! I missed Dusty (and my partner) like mad when I had my new hips done. So I for one DO understand...you have my sympathy sort of...look forward ..won't it be fun when Kiwi comes home.

We are using low odour paint, can't use any that smell too strong as I'm pregnant and our little boy and dog are still there. OH has a strict timetable, it's got to be finished in 4 days, luckily our house isn't too big so he should do it!

I'm going round every night to see Kiwi, but it's just so strange not having her at home. I know she will be well looked after there too. One of my brothers is being her main carer, and she loves him, I think he is her second favourite person in the world, so I know she'll be happy.

We are moving next week on the subject of low odur paint wants the best option as we are moving in on the thursday wanna get the boird room painted are aired out so we can get the parrots in there sat/sun out of the way so we can start un packing : )

I did some research on paint before we did our loungeroom. Low VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints are bird safe and are said to be with a VOC rating of less than 5mg per litre. If you add colour (pigment) you increase the VOC level. Many acrylic paints (water clean-up) are low VOC, so read the bumf and pick the brains of the retailer. I used Nippon paints, but where I am Dulux and British paints (brand) are low VOC also, don't know about what's available in UK. Low VOC paints are also easy on the hooman nose as well...bonus!

Kiwi is coming home tonight!! :D I am sooo happy, I feel like a kid at christmas! lol.

I didn't get round to see her on Sunday because we were trying to get the house finished, and when I went to see her last night she was very cuddly. My brother said she's started getting noisier and being a bit of a pain, but I think that's because she isn't being let out as much as she's used to (they have cats, and alot of people going in and out the house so she can't stay out as much)

I just hope she settles back in ok because OH has moved things about so her cage will be somewhere slighly different :?

On a plus side, I've now found that she has a near perfect recall in a strange place too! And her brain still works well when pine nuts are involved! (I hide them, and she has to find them)