Sign in to follow this  
hotfoot jackson

Rain at last!

We have been over 100days rainfree here in Perth, lawns are brown and dead, trees are stressed, its been hot dry and horrible. Today at 3.30pm we had a hell of a thunder storm, huge amounts of rain, hailstones the size of golf balls, and peals of thunder (and animals heading for dark places). The coast had 48mm of rain in about 30 mins, the city centre had 38mm. My partner was driving home and got stuck on an overpass when other cars stopped and wouldn't drive on. As a result the car has a broken windscreen and dents all over the cars bonnet and roof. She came in to the house shaking..so being on the road was quite scarey. There is a block of luxury flats/units at the base of the hill area of Kings Park, it suffered a mudslide because of all the rain, and the emergency services are digging furiously in the lower units trying to see if there are people trapped.

Maybe so many of us shouldn't have been hoping for rain!

wow. I know when you live somewhere hot and dry,you hope for at least a good shower to freshen everything up,but thats over the top! Awful about the people that maybe trapped. Must have been scarey in the car with that going on..At least she is only shaken.

Just seen on the lunchtime news,it's forcast a really hot summer in the uk. One reason i moved upto the north of France was to get away from the unbearable hot summers,when it's difficult to even sit by a pool,and can only do stuff early morning or evening when the sun is less strong.