Sign in to follow this  
patience

I cant believe it

after having months of problems with a nuisance neighbour(loud music and verbal abuse) i have to day been visited by the police and formerly arrested and put on bail until next week accused of saying something racial to this person. I am totally gobsmacked, i have not spoken to the person for months and avoid her if i see her out. its un beleviable what some people will do :(

People pull out that "R" word and the authorities fall into goose step line....can you get character witnesses, people to attest to their bad behavior? We are with you. We have indigenous neighbours who are diving everyone nuts, drunken fights for most of the week...but we are unifying all the neighbours...maybe you can too. You have our heart felt sympathy.

we have complained to the police about her abuse language and they have been to see her and also the council have sent her letters about her music which she isnt playing at the moment, i believe that because the police visited her on our behalf she has to have the last word, and has made up a false allegation against me, she will probably have one of her friends to say that they were a witness to it. The police did say not to worry about it aas they deal with this all the time in neighbour disputes, and i will be formally cauntioned next week, but thats not the point i dont like being accused of something i havent done, some people know how to work the system ,which is in their favour.

Oh that makes me think about a village i lived for a few years. My family were blamed for anything that got stolen or whatever,and the police never believed us. I hope they get their just deserves. They say what goes around comes around......Chin up

If you accept a formal caution and you should ever be accused of the same thing in the future before you know it you'll have a criminal record. Do not accept the caution and get legal advice now, take anything the police say to you with a pinch of salt it's not their good character being questioned is it.

A formal caution is normally administered at a police station by an officer of at least the rank of inspector. Three conditions must be satisfied:

• The evidence is sufficient to have warranted prosecution;

• There is an admission of guilt; and

• The offender agrees to accept the formal caution.

The offender must be warned that his caution may be cited in court if he offends in future. Records are kept for at least five years.

They can only give a formal caution if you admit the offence, if you don't they have to decide whether to prosecute or drop the matter. If they carry on in this vein everyone will have a criminal record for doing nothing wrong. It's madness.

I was going to say what Dobiedogz said - it you didn't do it Patience DO NOT accept a caution as an easy way out. Its a criminal record.

Thank you all for your advice, i certainly wont accept a caution for something i havent done, and will be seeking legal advice.

Good for you. Some people find the racist card a useful weapon in situations such as this. I wish you luck .

My neighbour from 2 houses down wanted me charged with criminal damage because someone had broken her flower pot.

It seems that, according to her, I must be the culprit because I have a scratch on my old car, the fact that I was at work at the time does not seem to have registered.

Her mother and her ended up screaming abuse at me outside my home and I had to call the police, at which point she wanted me prosecuted.

Since they moved in, myself and my next door neighbour have had to call the police a couple of times because of their harrassment but the police still do not seem to think there is any problem, when a quick check of their records would show that they were never once called to our road before these people moved in.

Neighbour intimidation and harrassment seems to be a growing trend and it seems impossible to do anything about it, it has now got so bad that my next door neighbour plans to move because she can no longer cope with their abuse and intimidation - that is sad as we have been friends for more than 14 years.

I have taken to always having a camera and voice recorder on me so that next time it happens, I can provide proof of their verbal abuse as the police seem powerless to do anything about it and us simply refusing to answer their taunts does not stop them either.

Bullying is a very nasty habit which some people seem to positively enjoy.

I posted earlier about our crook neighbours, well someone must have been hassling the cops because the security patrols and cops have been passing by much more frequently. Three lots of neighbours also confronted a number of the pests yesterday and told them in no uncertain terms they had better start behaving... and last night (Saturday) was blissfully quiet. Maybe you need to get others affected on side..force of community disapproval.

Horrible how people treat each other sometimes.Some people are not happy unless they are unhappy. It's a shame your nice neighbour is going to move because of them. I've been listening to my neighbour for the last couple of hours using an angle grinder. Yes it's annoying,but the suns shining,the winter was horrible,and there are things to catch up on outside. We use noisy machines now and again,but we try to respect that we don't do that sort of thing during unreasonable hours.Some people are just not cut out to have neighbours. They are the ones that cause the trouble in my opinion. I would prefer that any noise outside was MINE,but i would'nt want to cause any bad vibes or problem by moaning at them. Anyway,they are elderly,and nice (if somewhat nosey!)