Sign in to follow this  
cw_lilstar

Woman spends £50,000 on sick parrot

I read an article in yesterday's Mail talking about the bond between humans and their pet dogs or cats but people just don't seem to realise that the bond between human and parrot can last a great deal longer.

How wonderful to see someone actually trying to do their best for their FID and not just taking the more obvious path.

Guest Gem

That's a very good age, she was lucky to have a caring owner who could afford the treatment. I don't even know if they do chemo over here, we are usally way behind the Americans on medical advancments.

Googling other links for this story I came across some very unpleasent/sick comments from stupid idiot forums that are about nothing in particular :x Just reminds me of why I don't like mixing with non birdy people!

Quality of life over quantity of life TBH - I have to question whether or not the poor bird was still enjoying life during its chemo - one suspects not.

I agree! Society is obsessed with prolonging life at all costs and seems to want to pretend that the ONLY thing we have to sure about in life won't happen to us. When this is forced upon animals and humans who are unable to speak for themselves - then we really need to think very carefully............But I can understand the woman's motives!

Guest Gem

The article was so short and lacked detail, we don't know what sort of cancer the bird had or anything about the chemo treatment I don't think this woman should be judged, she had the bird for 30 odd years and probably thought she was doing the right thing. Over here we wouldn't even get that oppotunity as avain medicine is still so primative.

What got me was on these nonsense type forums people were berating her for spending so much on a sick bird, it's none of their business what her money goes on! :shock: