I love these bird. They are so beautiful.I am happy to hear that they are coming back thanks to the help of some people. I watched the bit about them on the one show.Do you have any near you that you have seen? I don't know if there are any near me,but i always look out for one just on the off chance.

there are a great many over this way. I regularly see a pair flying over my house.. and seen hundreds along the m40. I also drive over to st tiggywinkles late last year & going through Aylesbury the sky was full of them!!!

Stunning birds

Guest thebirdman

Harewood house in yorkshire had a lot to do with protecting and breeding kites they have done a good job from what i know but we dont have that may up here although golden eagles and other owls are common with us. we have a barn owl nest quite near and when walking the dogs at night you can see them float in the dark like a ghost but beautiful

Yes,we have quite a few barn owls. Sometimes they keep us awake at night with all the calling. When out in the garden,on a clear night we can see them,but they are such silent flyers,you can't hear them coming! It seems that there are more kites around than i had thought.

We are very lucky too, we have a couple of breeding pairs in Garforth where i live (which isnt far from Karen) but we are only about 10-15 miles as the crow flies from Harewood house and the birds are beleived to be from there, they are a wonderful sight and can be seen most of the time. We often pull up in the car just to sit and watch them, if your driving on the back roads around Harrogate they can be seen all the time, oh and look out for them on Emmerdale as they are often in the sky when they are filming :D

wonder if it is the same lot as over your way annie hun they just move for feeding and times of day

no matter wether or nott hey are they should be left to breed and show of there natural beauty