Sign in to follow this  
David

Morrisons Mung Beans

A few days ago I bought a small bag of Mung Beans from everyones favourite pie-makers. Despite the usual treatment they have failed to sprout: this is unusual as Mung Beans normally sprout easily.

How do you sprout your's??

I have a jar,

https://www.livingfood.co.uk/product-258-Sprouting_Equipment__The_Get_Sprouting_Jar.htm

My Pionus eats all pulses, just soaked in water, but sometimes I sprout some in the jar, they all sprout pretty quick, he has Black Eyed, Marrow Fat, Chick Peas, Mung Beans, Harriot Beans, some sprout quicker than other but have never had trouble with Mung Beans.

Am i right you have a Pionus as well, I normally just soak and keep in fridge in water the mixture of pulses for mine, I do about enough for 3 days, rinse well daily. he loves them,

do you only give yours mung beans?

You are correct: we currently have Bronze-wings and Blue-headed. I feed a range of beans and pulses , more so during the Spring and Summer months (breeding season). I find that Pionus are very good eaters.

David you'll probably find they are a bit old, they may even have been exposed to too much weed or bug killer when they were grown, this stops they germinating as well as age. It could be a good thing they didn't sprout or your little guys would have been eating them.

You are correct: we currently have Bronze-wings and Blue-headed. I feed a range of beans and pulses , more so during the Spring and Summer months (breeding season). I find that Pionus are very good eaters.

the breeder I got my Maxi from 10 years ago, has always feed his on just soaked pulses so I did the same, he always has a dish a day with all the other seed, nuts and fruit/veg,

I get mine from a local health shop, think hotfoot jackson could be right, 'bin' them and try some more, different store.