Sign in to follow this  
Fairway

Fife Animal Park

Has anyone visited here? I've never been but got a very distressed lady on the phone this morning who said she took her children at the week-end and was horrified at the state of the parrots - there are lots of parrots of all types in a large aviary - the aviary is completely open to the elements and many of the birds are fully or semi plucked - she described many of them as looking desperately sad and poorly. The aviary says its sponsored by the Scottish Parrot Society. She sadly didnt get any photographs but has said she will return without the children to take some. She said that the shop on site sells parrots?

I just wondered if anyone who has visited could verify what the place is like?

I have been before and was also concerned about the parrots being in a big open enclosure open to all elements of weather. There was one little CAG who I couldn't get out of my head for days he/she was disabled and was badly plucked he/she seemed to be on it's own and I am sure that the other birds would bully it because it was different I did ask someone if it was okay managed to feed etc and was told yes and it had been bred there I'm not so sure. To be honest the other parrots didn't look in bad condition but that was a few years ago they did have a couple of parrots that they kept indoors to take to childrens' parties etc and I think they do breed and sell them. I thought the other animals looked in poor condition didn't seem to be a lot of food about I have never been back and don't intend to..these places just make me so sad :(