Marlene

Hello.........Newbie (Marlene)

Posted Image

Loads to share, learn and enjoy

Can we recommend you have a look through our section of Information Topics©?:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

Also a variety of topics you may like to wander through:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6216-welcome-info-pack%c2%a9/

Please, feel free to ask anything you would like more info about or hear others experiences of. We are proud of our friendliness and sense of community and welcome all who join us whether an experienced parrot keeper, breeder, hobbyist, one-bird owner or researching parrots as a possible addition to your life

Congratulations on getting your new sennie. Lovely birds but i am biased.lol. There is a wealth of info on here to help and feel free to ask questions. Look forward to seeing the pics when he/she comes home.

Well I picked Ozzy up two weeks ago,he is 4 months old on the 10th May.When we went for him I put my hand in his cage and he nearly took my little finger off....lol

Got him home and spent the evening talking to him and giving him treats (in his cage) then after a few hours I let him out,he is now my buddy,he steps up onto my hand and if he is sat on his play stand he flys onto my arm when I call him.He also lets me touch him and stroke him all over his body.He is so funny,he gets all excited on a morning when he sees me.Another funny thing is he always puts himself to bed at 8pm lol

He chases a tennis ball and jumps on it,when the ball rolls and he goes over with it he used to scream, not any more hes got used to it.

He is a mouthy little lad though always wanting to nibble and sometimes nip.I do try and keep him occupied with toys and a puzzle block.Any advice on how to stop him mouthing and sometimes nipping appreciated as he is my first parrot.

In the past I have kept horses/dogs/cats/goats.........but never a bird!

Thanks for the welcome

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/cobnut/Ozzy%20Senegal%20Parrot/

You are doing well. I don't know about Senegals but with my corella Dusty I gave a very stern NO when she nipped. The tone of voice was so different to my "lovey-dovey" voice and my normal talking voice she got the hang of what NO meant. Just be persistant, and she'll get it. But be patient she's still working you out.

bakewell I have posted pics!

hotfoot jackson,thanks for your reply,I do say NO naughty boy in a different voice when he gets nippy,I am sure he will learn its early days yet and he is doing so well.

I love him to little bits.