Sign in to follow this  
lee24v

Had this email today Tragic News

Tragic News

Dear lee,

A few days ago I got this tragic email from one of my subscribers... who asked if I would please pass it along to you so that you don't have to go through the same pain she and her family are going through right now.

Please find her message below, and take it SERIOUSLY!

>>> A Subscriber's Tragic Story:

[Chet,]

I have a horrible incident to share. My hopes would be that you will include this somewhere in your literature to other bird owners and make it readily and painfully obvious information.

Yesterday I was preparing food for my birthday party which is taking place this evening. I brought out a roast to cook, but my oven needed cleaned. In my haste and anxiousness to get prepared, I ignorantly opted to use the [specific Brand Name Withheld For Legal Reasons] Tabletop Roaster my mom left here at Christmas

time.

Within 2 hours my beloved Nicky, 15 year old African Gray Congo, was deceased on the bottom of his cage.

That roaster was NON-STICK Cookware... and is LETHAL to BIRDS.

This is HUGELY important to get out to your readers. I only wish we knew this PRIOR to the incident as he would still happily be calling and singing from his perch. Instead, he's been buried and is gone forever from our lives. Oh how we miss him so.

I killed my best friend with ignorance. My beloved Nicky. My life, let alone birthday, will never be the same. Nor will my kids who haven't quit crying... nor my husband who had a hard time burying Nicky last night with us.

I'm doing now what I wish I would have done a LONG time ago.... cleaning my house of anything and everything TEFLON and NON-STICK.

We hope to find another resident for Nicky's cage... although the hardest realization is that Nicky can never be replaced. We miss him dearly. I am so filled with guilt for my ignorance which caused us to learn the hardest lesson ever.

'Night Night' my beloved feathered friend.

Brenda,

Oh how sad! We did the big throw out just before Dusty came home. My partner was not impressed she'd just bought a new sandwhich grill (non-stick of course). You have my heart felt sympathies....thank you for reminding us all of this threat. I hope a new buddy helps you heal.

as much as that story is tragic if its from chet which i think is the emails i kept getting from him its all made up ?? well thats what i was told he is a she apprently too

but the thing is they are parrot killers and plug in air fresheners and many more things i'm finding out about

as much as that story is tragic if its from chet which i think is the emails i kept getting from him its all made up ?? well thats what i was told he is a she apprently too

but the thing is they are parrot killers and plug in air fresheners and many more things i'm finding out about

don't forget Irons,

never use them around your fids as ive found out!

I did a spot of ironing in the room with my birds once and they were coughing so I no longer iron with them again!

Ah but has anyone tried it? I need some new pans. what i do at the mo is buy them and leave them in the bottom of a friends oven for a month so that they get hot etc but it doesnt affect my birds. Then i use them at home.

I lost two birds once to teflon poisoning. My friend decided to cook christmas dinner. I had stayed there so took the birds. I had no idea she was using new cookware. I dont want to risk it happening again :cry:

My new toaster lives in the garage as does the sandwich maker. but its so cold doing toast etc with th garage door open! :shock: I have put off buying a breadmaker because of the telfon issue

yes i use the "green pan " non stick pan with no adverse effects to any of my birds. my son is a chef and does tend to use pans very very hot and no problem whatsoever. (i am naughty and my birds do spend a lot of time in my kitchen if they are not in there they are in the next room.

Oooooer then i shall browse the site and make some purchases.

I can't have mine in the kitchen they would be too naughty!! :roll:

They do "chat " to me through the seving hatch though. :oops:

Oh yeah..and ironing board covers too. It took us ages to find one that was teflon free.

'Irons', 'ironing boards'! What are they? :roll:

Seriously though - what an awful thing to happen. I was looking for something to make muffins in (for the girls) but everything was non-stick coated so gave up. Shall look at this 'green' range.