Sign in to follow this  
cw_lilstar

large corner cage perches ?

CW I have a number of ways of fitting perches in the cage, you can whittle the ends so they go between the bars, and use cord to tie them in position, or you can cut half way across the perch them slice lengthwise so you get a "step-up" on the end and for safety tie these in position (so they don't slide about). You can also buy perch holders that are sort of V shaped and hook over the bars.

Good idea, but CW how about buying different diametres so your birds foot gets used to having to adjust ? They say this having to adjust helps to prevent arthritis. Though as someone said natural branches are better because they aren't the same size all along. Don't you have friends or relatives who have tree prunings? Do you know a garden society or such who could source you some natural branches? Are you near some wild area with trees you could cut some branches from?

You are allowed to take fallen branches, wood etc from common land, but if you have to cut it, then it's illegal.

Don't forget freecycle, I put a wanted add for apple and hazlenut branches and had a huge response! This is the time of year everyone if doing their pruning in the UK :D

good idea tory might try that one , i definaltye wanna put some natural branches in there but i need some of these noraml ones too as billy has since day one slept on them i dont want to replace his bed he might not be to impressed , altho recently he has been using the chinchilla shelfs turned the other way to perch on : )