Sign in to follow this  
cw_lilstar

Dog owners facing tough new regulations

I would be pleased if all pets were neutered and micro chipped, would make rescues lives a lot easier.

I own one of the so called bad breeds.................a Staffie

He is already neutered, microchipped and insured. I walk him late at night when no one is around. Not because of his behaviour but because i am sick of people crossing over to avoid him or old dears letting their snappy little mutts come over on an extendable lead and snap at him. If it were the other way around it would be all over the papers

I'm with you...about time we licensed people to keep animals and did regular checks to see the beasts in care are OK...would pick up a lot of problems with people and animals before they became really bad. We have had to have an inspection by council inspectors to get a permit to keep three cats. Luckily I had cleaned the birds cages the day before as the cheeky beggars checked my girls cages too.

We have mandy our doberman and like u buddabelly we always go out early or late and if we see people we walk the other way only beacuse people treat he rlike a devil dog ! and they let there snappy lil pooches jump all over her and we always have mandy on a lead or if she off and we see a dog then she is striaght back on but other dog walkers let there dogs bound over and jump all over the place and mandy being a nervous rehomed dog goes mad at them !

I also have a staffie and I am totally with Buddahbelly on this.

I am completely in favour of all dogs and cats being neutered and if you wish to breed from them then you should pay a licence fee after having been rigourously inspected, with inspections being continued on a regular basis rather than once every 5 years or so.

There are always so many animals being pts because of lack of decent homes, simply forcing people to have insurance will do nothing to stop this situation or prevent so many idiots breeding their "bad" dogs whenever they need a few quid for something.

Actually, on another vien, when are they going to make it compulsory to have mobility scooters insured, the same applies here, the sensible users already make sure they are insured and then a lot of others seem to think they have a perfect right to go on the pavements at 8 mph expecting everyone and thing to jump out of their way.

My dad has staffy and she the soppiest dog you ever come across in fact she was recently bitten by another dog, my dad is nearly 80 and couldnt afford expensive insurance for her. For those of you who have pet insurance this isnt what they mean, they are talking public liabillaty in case your dog bites someone.

Good pet insurance usually includes third party liability insurance.

I walk my 3 Dobermanns, my staffy and my terrier all together and whatever time of day I fancy. My view is the general public have to come into contact with well behaved, well trained dogs in order to know they exist and are the norm. I walk them all off lead and all together, have never had any notable incidents with anyone. Of course if people see us coming down a track they probably wonder wtf but my lot calmly step aside and let othesr pass, or walk past without giving them a second glance. My dogs recall first time everytime, no excuses, and I knew what the general public thought of the breeds before I took them on, it just made me more determined that no one would ever be able to question my dogs behaviour in any way, shape or form.

We already have more than enough laws in this country, they should try enforcing the ones they have and take action against those committing crimes and leave the rest of us in peace.

Surely those idiots who use dogs as status symbols or weapons are the least likely to obey the rules? These laws will merely punish honest owners. I think the Govt should spend money trying to rid the country of "puppy farms".

I love all animals dogs cats birds but I think some owner are irresponsible, I would love to catch the one that leaves little messages outside my gate, if you're not careful you step in it.. This doesn't happen all time I have sat in my front room waiting for this lonely dog-owner but by magic he never appears he seems to know when I'm not there or it could be a coincidence. Another thing I dislike extending dogleads they are dangerous , I was driving along the main road there was a guy on the pavement with his dog on a lead next thing I know the dog run into the road, still on its lead it didn't get run over but it could of. So all you irresponsible dog owners try and think of other people. Happy Mother's Day