Sign in to follow this  
PamelaCampbell22

RE:(Why do they do this when I have just cleaned up)

Cassie is famous for this now Jock is also doing it as soon as I clean their cages, hoover the floor have the place nice and tidy.....they decide to bathe in their water bowls I had to leave her to it this morning she wouldn't come out little madam

Well, my lot usually bathe in the big dish on the window sill.

But Mabel has taken to (trying to) bathe in her water pot, which is about 6 foot off the ground.

Nothing to do but walk away until she has finished :roll:

I think they must think we enjoy cleaning up as we keep doing it - so they feel they need to help out by giving us mess to clean - I mean how else would us humans amuse ourselves, bit like us giving them toys and foraging activities, mental stimulation. They worry if we seem to have nothing to do - we might start over preening or something.

lol I hoover my whole living room 3 times a day!! Morning, partner does it during the day and I do it again when i get home :shock:

The joys of birds :lol:

I have my main hoover but also a little hoover that I keep behind the couch, I would recommend it to any parrot owner, its small, powerful and has the pole attachments 8)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0884491/Trail/searchtext>BLACK+AND+DECKER.htm

lol mine used to have a bath in there bowls but now thats stopped cos they know they will be having a bath anyway if I see them doing that, I think it's abit like us after a bath I love my bed duvet clean, a nice bath and clean cage is prob heaven for them as much as a clean bed and bath :D

I loose track of how many times I clean up after them,

at one point I was hoovering up so many times a day, now I just use a Broom

as I had noticed my Electric had gone down with the hoovering lmao