Sign in to follow this  
justinfisk

WILL A DEFORMED CLaw cause problems

am getting a baby african grey with a slight deformed claw its only one claw that sticks out further will this cause problems later on or will it learn to live with it and will be ok and happy

Without seeing how the claw is growing it's difficult to say. If it is curving inwards towards the toe then you will need to keep it trimmed back. The only special treatment he would need would be to regularly trim the claw.

Any chance of a photo?

sorry i dont have a picture its just a bloke a rang he said he would sell it for 400 a was just wondering if it was worth buyin g as there is no more available anywhere in my area

also can anyone tell me what a 16 week old one will look like just cause a dont want to get there and find out its a lot older or a lot younder and not ready to leave its parents

You need to find out if it is the Claw/Nail or the toe? Either way it shouldn't be a problem but worth seeing exactly what is wrong with it before commiting to buy.

A 16 week old baby will still have black eyes and his tail will have traces of black at the ends of the tail feathers.

I agree, think you need to see the bird and the actual problem, as without seeing it, it's hard to say what's actually wrong with him. I have a couple of disabled birds and they live a very happy life. Go and see the fella, see what problems he has, and take it from there. It may only be a very minor problem, and even if the claw is missing, it will be OK. I also think it might be worth you doing a bit of research on parrots in general, just so you know what you are getting into :D

Posted Image

Loads to share, learn and enjoy

Can we recommend you have a look through our section of Information Topics©?:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

Also a variety of topics you may like to wander through:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6216-welcome-info-pack%c2%a9/

Please, feel free to ask anything you would like more info about or hear others experiences of. We are proud of our friendliness and sense of community and welcome all who join us whether an experienced parrot keeper, breeder, hobbyist, one-bird owner or researching parrots as a possible addition to your life