Sign in to follow this  
sparkkwing

Intense parrots!?

Daisy has been very 'intense' with me recently but I had to go to work this afternoon so she had to cope with just Andre and Willow about.

Since my return (after only 6 hours) she has been in a right strop with me, flouncing about and grumbling. It has taken alot of grovelling on my part to get back anywhere near her good book.

Although its very flattering (she's obviously got good taste), it does make me feel very responsable and concerned about times when I can't be here.

My OH is feeding her, always chatting to her, but she doesn't want to know. Its so different to Willow who seems happy with either of us.

Woah these parrots ehh,

you know my lot don't want me to go out and think Screaming is the answer :D

lol next time you have to go out tell her you'll bring back a present and see if that works haha

Last night I got bitten 5 times by different greys! All mine are VILE at the moment, clingy, stroppy, nippy, nasty tempered and I could go on lol. I can only assume it's the time of year, especially as they are all like it! One of them was doing all nicey nicey with me when I was changing her food - As soon as the food was in, she bit my finger and would not let go! :shock: As they say 'It will pass', and hopefully it will be the same with Daisy, Im sure she will be OK, she's just found herself liking you, so it's only natural with hormones going on that she is a little more clingy than normal xx

Must admit to sporting two big scratches on my face from Daisy. She didn't mean to, more my fault for getting timing wrong. Also need to pluck up the courage to trim her nails or should I say talons. Gulp!

When does the breeding season start.I have read that they do get hormonal each year but I don't know when it is and for how long :roll: Have noticed Red as been a bt more grumpy the last few days but don't know if it is hormonal or just her usual tempermental self.She seems to have really good days with us and then throws a horrible one now and then!

Last night I got bitten 5 times by different greys! All mine are VILE at the moment, clingy, stroppy, nippy, nasty tempered and I could go on lol. I can only assume it's the time of year, especially as they are all like it! One of them was doing all nicey nicey with me when I was changing her food - As soon as the food was in, she bit my finger and would not let go! :shock: As they say 'It will pass', and hopefully it will be the same with Daisy, Im sure she will be OK, she's just found herself liking you, so it's only natural with hormones going on that she is a little more clingy than normal xx

My two are the same :evil: Echo acts like she wants attention, so i'll give her some, just to get nipped and sqwaked at.. lol..