Sign in to follow this  
mrmacca

fruit and veg

hi all ,

how can i get my amazon onto fruit and veg , not had him long and was told he was 4 years old and at the moment he is on a seed diet and will only eat apples and grapes , have tried with different fruit and also mixed veg also peppers and nuts but he wont entertain them , he would sit there all day and not touch anything until i offer seed mix or apples .

thanks

dave

My bird was like this when i first got him. He would only eat grapes at first,not even seed! I bought those honey coated sticks and gave him one and it was in his house for about a week before he would touch it. When he got into that,i scraped some off a stick and added it to his grapes,but put some pieces of apple in too. I also had him out with me when i was eating fruit,and he wanted to share with me. Now he eats all sorts of different things,and his taste buds have changed i suppose. I think it's like kids,you have to keep offering different food slowly,and i' m sure he will eventually try it? This worked for me,but i suppose you will know how to deal with it a bit later as you said you have not had him long,and you will get to know him......