Sign in to follow this  
lee24v

Hiya all (lee24v)

Tried to, :?

His advert said :

mealy amazon male tame talking sings dances,

mealy amazon male 5 years old tame talking sings dances says diffrent words makes diffrent funny sounds loves being out the cage very healthy beautiful feathers comes with open top casta cage feeders the lot to a good home only no time wasters plz,

All i dose is stand in one place nearly all day, dose not want to come out of the cage and only say's ello, dose not dance or sings

Well done for taking him on. He may have had a bad time so far but with love and patience you can work wonders, whatever the age. We have an OWA. I'm not sure of his age but I think older than we were led to believe originally. He was afraid of his own shadow when we got him.......so scared of us but after a few years is a cheeky little devil who loves to come out. He will never be 100% tame but is quite happy with the life he has and we cope with him on his terms. Good Luck.

Posted Image

Loads to share, learn and enjoy

Can we recommend you have a look through our section of Information Topics©?:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/22-parrot-link-information-topics/

Also a variety of topics you may like to wander through:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/6216-welcome-info-pack%c2%a9/

Please, feel free to ask anything you would like more info about or hear others experiences of. We are proud of our friendliness and sense of community and welcome all who join us whether an experienced parrot keeper, breeder, hobbyist, one-bird owner or researching parrots as a possible addition to your life

Oh Lee, there are some unkind folks out there but I'm sure your new bird will be happier and do lots more for you when he's got over the move. Nice to rehome an older animal just a shame you didn't realise what you were paying for. There are some good people on here who will help you out with lots of advice so you can change his life a bit and start to enjoy him more, good luck and a warm welcome to our forum.

Good Morning.

Sorry to hear that you had not been told the true story, I'm afraid that sort of thing happens all the time with parrots and I suppose with all sorts of animals.

Perhaps if you still have the advert a telephone conversation to trading standards may be helpful. they are usually pretty good