Sign in to follow this  
Pippy

I've ordered some toys from the US

Found a lady on a US forum who sells stainless toys and I've ordered a couple for Mojo and Shinda :D

Apparently these toys are universally adored by Greys! There are other people on the forum who already have these toys and sing their praises!

I've ordered one of http://www.greyfeathertoys.com/cgi-bin/quikstore.cgi?store=&search=yes&detail=yes&product=411&category=&keywords=&hits_seen=&page=search.html&and=&affiliate_id= (this isn't Lisa's website, just a photo of exactly the same toy I'm buying) spoon toys.

The other thing I ordered is a Tweedle, do you all know what they are? Well I'd never heard of them til I read about them http://www.birdboard.com/forum/african-greys/790440-tale-two-tweedles.html and that was enough to convince me!

As I said, the toys metal parts are all made of stainless steel and those Greys look as though they're enjoying them! Nice to find something a bit different. I know Mojo and Shinda will love these new toys!

I'll post pics/video when they arrive, they're being posted out to me on Monday but could take a few days. I've ordered two of each to justify the postage from the US.

If anyone wants one just get in touch with Lisa at theplatinumparrot@verizon.net

In total it's cost me £63 for two Tweedles at $16.95 each, two Spoon toys (called Bird-Iacs)at $20.49 each, postage at $14 and Paypal fees at $2. I think £63 is not bad for four quality toys :wink:

These lovely birds of mine are worth every penny (or dollar!) I spend on them! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Tweedle looks great!

I hope Customs don't catch you!

I ordered some t-shirts from the US a couple of years ago and had to pay £12 at the Post Office in import duties so am fully expecting to have to do the same again. Lisa has to fill something in at the Post Office over there too.

Woo hoo! The new toys arrived today (they were posted on Monday of last week so eight days from North America, not bad!

There was a US Customs sticker on the box stating the contents and value of the goods and I didn't have to pay any import tax.

I can honestly say these are the best toys I've ever bought them! They've been playing with them for well over an hour now!

They're made of acrylic and stainless steel, no dangerous metals.

Bear in mind they've never seen these toys before, they went straight for them! In fact, I had trouble hanging them because Mojo and Shinda's beaks were in the way!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you want to get a good look at the Tweedle just watch this clip I took of them playing with it! :D Shinda didn't want to even let Mojo near it he loves it so much!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/3287154441/

I've hung the Tweedle up with some other toys on their rope and the Bird-Iac from the playstand. They've got two of each so I've hung the other two in their cage.

They look like greeat fun :D I want to come & play round yours! :wink:

Where did you get the rope from? Ive been looking for rope to use instead of perches as my Macaws eat their own & my other birds perches too.

I also used untreated banister rail from the wood yard & they ate that too!

They're still up there playing! :lol::lol:

Do you mean the white rope? That I found at a ship's chandler :)

If you mean the coloured rope, that's just a bungee which I've hung between the ceiling and the white rope and have twisted to the shape I wanted!

They look like greeat fun :D I want to come & play round yours! :wink:

Where did you get the rope from? Ive been looking for rope to use instead of perches as my Macaws eat their own & my other birds perches too.

I also used untreated banister rail from the wood yard & they ate that too!

By all means replace your perches but remember that it is chewing their wooden perches that naturally trims their beaks. So if you do use other material for perching you will still need to keep supplying them with wood to chew.

Many birds enjoy natural branches that they can spend time stripping the bark off and chewing to bits.

Rope also needs to be closely inspected daily to prevent the death of a bird from getting a toe trapped as mentioned in Gary's tragic post here ...

SAFE/UNSAFE TOYS, CAGES ETC = WARNINGS & INFO©:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/topic/9001-safeunsafe-toys-cages-etc-warnings-info/

Yes, was wondering about the white rope!

It wouldn't be any good for the macaws but it would make good perches for my other birds.

Like the way you have yours going across the room, It's a good idea your birds always seem to be having lots of fun, bet you get a messy floor :wink:

Yes, was wondering about the white rope!

It wouldn't be any good for the macaws but it would make good perches for my other birds.

Like the way you have yours going across the room, It's a good idea your birds always seem to be having lots of fun, bet you get a messy floor :wink:

What I've got is a floor covered in newspaper! :lol: Well, under the rope at least :wink:

Now a video clip also showing the Bird-Iac, Shinda's particular favourite!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/3288120360/

I can definitely recommend these toys :D

haha! let the noise commence! they look cool, i made Liono a really long string of those dummies and plastic baby toy links once, needless to say he didn't want to play on it and it ended up in the conures cage! looks like M&S are enjoying! :)

haha! let the noise commence! they look cool, i made Liono a really long string of those dummies and plastic baby toy links once, needless to say he didn't want to play on it and it ended up in the conures cage! looks like M&S are enjoying! :)

Oh they've had a great time playing with their new toys! Of course, they LOVE the noise the spoons make! :D

I'll be impressed when pippy learns to play the spoons.

You'll be lucky! :lol::lol:

How fab do these toys look?! Both of ours love spoons so I guess that these toys would go down a treat :lol: Do you think I could email her?

Clare

Absolutely! The spoon toy is called a Bird-Iac. As the toys come from the US though you'd prob want to order more than one toy. I bought two of each :)

Lisa has other toys which she'll tell you about if you email her :wink: