Sign in to follow this  
Freebird

This Ringneck needs help ;o((( MERGED THREAD

I was just about to post this. The poor bird, I wish I could get him :cry:

How do people keep them like this? It makes me want to shut them in a tiny room with no space and nothing to do! :evil:

I'm dismayed that the cage manufacturers still produce those small round cages. Whilst in a local pet shop the other day I noticed one hanging on the ceiling for sale (around the £50 mark) and bearing the 'Ferplast' trade mark.

Perhaps an organised effort from concerned parties to make the manufacturers aware of the unsuitability of this design might be a way forward?

Count me in.......... Re the ringneck............. maybe we could chip in and buy it and take it to Les Rance, from parrot society, he has the most amazing viary set up for prakeets. I rehomed a Rosella with him. I don't think parakeets should be kept in cages....

That's a great idea! Maybe we can start some sort of petition? Maybe a thread that everyone can sign their names to so it could then be presented to the manufacturers?

I'm sure some of the other parrot forums and rescues such as June's would be willing to do the same kind of thing too? If enough people make their feelings known to the manufacturers then hopefully production of those awful cages will stop.

I currently have an Indian Ringneck that was found locally. He is obviously an escapee aviary bird and despite advertising have had no owner come forward yet.

Whereabouts in the country is Les Rance? As if I cannot find the owner of this bird, would consider asking if he might take him on.

OMG! :twisted: I just called the guy, it is advertised as a parrot, the guy though it was an afrcian grey, he is selling it for a friend who know's nothing about birds!

This guy has no history for this bird, age, nothing! It has never been out of this cage!!!! :cry: :cry:

His friend bought it and it seems quite wild, so probably an english caught Ring Neck!! He wants £80 and I said we could maybe raise £40 between us.

There must be someone living near Accrington just to get this bird away from these people :cry:

would be happy to donate to help !

We are not in a position to take in the bird, Accrinton is a few miles up the road from me and would be more than willing to pick up and transport where needed.

Paul.

i'll donate aswell if it means getting that poor bird out of that awful cage :evil:

Im broke at the moment but i'd rather go without some food than to leave that poor bird like that.

I can chip in £10 and pay you via paypal if you have an accoutn? I'm hoping he will accept £40, I have to log off now as I'm going home before I'm snowed in at work. Will PM you my number.

Kleo where is this guy based who can take the bird?

i just spoke to Tory - shes hasnt got access to internet at the moment so asked me to post this on her behalf:-

She has spoke to Les Rance at the Parrot Society and he is unable to take in this bird and he is also down south.

He also said that Ringnecks go for around £30 and under on the PS, so if this guy is asking for £80 then its overpriced.

Does anyone know of anyone else that could take on this poor bird?

Sorry, ben out, just got back and about to start a post on a parrot sighted in the area. Les Rance is in Hemel Hempstead, Hertsordshire, but seems like he says he can't take it in. We need to find an aviary for him. Les Rances set up is all indoors, just amazing, built specially for the birds.