Sign in to follow this  
Greenwingmax

Amazing Bald eagles

So Monday me and hubby decided to drive down the road, where the locals feed bald eagles in the winter. What an amazing sight, we counted thirty two bald eagles sitting about in the trees, waiting for their lunch. Amazing !!

Nova Scotia is THE place for raptor lovers - on the way down the motorway, in twenty miles we counted a total of 19 red tailed / sharp shinned hawks sitting on trees awaiting roadkill!

In the summer, we have Osprey on the river at the back of the coffee shop in town, we have a flock of turkey vultures that live in the fields behind our house, hubby has seen Merlin and Coopers hawks in the garden. And that is just the ones I can remember! :shock:

Summer seems a distant memory now like, with 30 inches of snow last night I can barely see the car in the driveway around it. But everyone carried on as normal today, nothing got cancelled lol :lol:

Roll on summer and the return of the hummingbirds!!

Rachel

lol at Potty's mum watching the rubbish !!

I have not yet seen a bear, and don't want to :shock: but I know they are on the north mountain (well, big hill really) at the side of us. What with that and the possibility of moutain lions, which people keep reporting sightings of this year, I don't intend to go exploring that way atall :D

Rachel