Sign in to follow this  
student1

I'm a total failure!!

Hi all, I have a confession to make!!

I have officially joined the club of the failed fosterer!!

Just before xmas I took in two ginger kittens who were unwanted due to the fact "they poo too much" :roll:

Now, I've had them spayed, miccrochipped and they are being vaccinated next week, with the intention of finding them a nice new mummy who would give them everything they desire.

In essence.... this has happened, as I have decided I'm too attached and they won't be going anywhere!

So they join 5 other cats (all rescue) 2 rabbits (both rescue) 1 dog (kind of rescue) and of course Diesel (rescue and previous foster failure!), notice a pattern here!?

I have uploaded pics to my photobucket, where you will also find everyone else! :D

Welcome to the mad house Chester and Chase! They have been playing out in the snow this morning, I think it's the 1st time they will have seen it!

Student1

x

i know exactly how you feel, ive been there myself.

Started off with 1 cat & parrot and now i have 5 of each :shock:

Its so hard to say no isnt it :wink:

My sister (and my daughter) works for the Dogs Trust. she's got six dogs at the moment, I think! I lose count sometimes! They're usually the old coffin-dodgers nobody wants to adopt! :lol::lol:

Nats keeps asking if we can have a dog but I've told her a firm 'No'! Wouldn't fit in with our life-style so wouldn't be fair to the dog.

Wouldn't fit in with our life-style so wouldn't be fair to the dog.

Hmm, Now we are at this level, the animal are the life style!! :lol:

I am permanently covered in fluff, feathers and general grubbiness, and the house is definately "lived in" :oops:

but I wouldn't have it any other way!!

well good on ya!!!!!! THAT the best thing i heard all morning i do love cats my cat has moved into my neighbours house lol to join the rest of her rescues but hay she happy and we still get to see her safe

well done you

One of my cats did that, moved a few houses down the road! I don't know why he went but the woman and I agreed he'd be better off officially with her otherwise neither of us knew quite where we stood.

I did treat him well, he just decided to move out!

i used to have a rescue cat that used to go along the adjoining balconies and miaow at the back door of other peoples flats. They used to let him in and feed him, despite him having a good life with me. He always came back when i called though. When we used to stay at my mums he would often go into the neighbours houses and make his way up to their beds. He also loved to ride in cars and we had to watch him all the time because he would try to get in the neighbours cars. He used to think he was a dog and i would take him out for walks like a dog :lol:

People thought i was mad taking a cat for a walk :lol::lol::lol:

Years ago we had a border terrier cross that knew all the meal times in the street (we were the only ones who had a dog) he used to get fed scraps at all of them. This was before the roads were so busy and he never left the street, lived to be 17 years old.

I am not a cat person but would never hurt one, well done on giving them a home.

Guest eblimegreen

lovely story...and what gorgeous photos of all your family...both feathered and furred. you have captured their little personalities in the photos....love the ironing board one and the cow pat one :-)

i used to have a rescue cat that used to go along the adjoining balconies and miaow at the back door of other peoples flats. They used to let him in and feed him, despite him having a good life with me. He always came back when i called though. When we used to stay at my mums he would often go into the neighbours houses and make his way up to their beds. He also loved to ride in cars and we had to watch him all the time because he would try to get in the neighbours cars. He used to think he was a dog and i would take him out for walks like a dog :lol:

People thought i was mad taking a cat for a walk :lol::lol::lol:

My two oldest girls go in to my neighbours houses, both sides! I'm lucky to have incredibly patient and understanding neighbours!!

I had to seal my balcony off in the end to stop him wandering. Someone let him in their back door and then put him out the front. He couldnt get back in my house. Some kids locked him in the bin cupboard :evil: I was mortified so had to put a stop to him wandering. The neighbours all used to ask for him though :lol: