Sign in to follow this  
nia

I've just been licked lol

well I have just been to cover my 2 and say goodnight to them.Every night as I say goodnight I tickle both their bellies thru the bars.Lizzie has just put her beak thru the bar towards my finger in such a gentle way I left it there out of curiosity.well she flipping licked me!! :lol: I can't believe I have just been licked by a parrot lol.It felt so strange-obv I'm not used to birdie tongues :o

Wait til they kiss you...................they try and put their tongues in your mouth :shock: :shock:

think theres a very long way to go before that level of trust is there!

Guest eblimegreen

what a lovely experience nia. my jasper does that at bedtime too usually preceded by a "huh honk" noise :-) deffinatly love nia :-) bet you have such a huge smile on your face right now :-)

yeah I do!!!I was just beginning to think she doesnt like me!Its strange cos out of the cage she bites like anything but thru the bars she is cute and cuddly lol.but hopefully now she knows she can do much more with my fingers than just bite them we may start to turn that much needed corner!

Guest eblimegreen

it will happen....just takes time. Jasper came to us a an untame vicious bitey monster (he didnt know any better bless him) but now (which will be a year in april that he has been with us) he licks and loves strokes and head scratches and kisses and tries to step up. the first step is complete :-) well done you and your baby

nia, I can remember what a responsibility it felt when I took on my first birds ('tiels). There are so many new things to come for you, most wonderful, some a bit wierd! For me it has just got better and better, I'm sure it will be the same for you. :D