Sign in to follow this  
Freebird

Another sad cockatoo

is it me was that phot taken in a pet shop?????, just tryed looking at the back ground..

I can't say it does, but them my eye sight is getting bad lol.

Maybe this person selling likes to hoard pets, that's not un common, but it is a private ad and this too is supposed to be 3 years old, he looks more like 30! ;o( I've not see a sulphur crested Too with so much yellow, do you think it could be nicotine?? :?:

Poor thing, he really doesn't look happy :cry:

is it me was that phot taken in a pet shop?????, just tryed looking at the back ground..

I can't say it does, but them my eye sight is getting bad lol.

Maybe this person selling likes to hoard pets, that's not un common, but it is a private ad and this too is supposed to be 3 years old, he looks more like 30! ;o( I've not see a sulphur crested Too with so much yellow, do you think it could be nicotine?? :?:

Poor thing, he really doesn't look happy :cry:

Looks to me like an older bird, a Lesser Sulphur, and if it is wll need Cites papers.

Tory, if you want to send me the link I will make some enquiries, Wigan isnt that far from us.

You have a PM :D

I think this bird is being sold from a pet shop, the seller id is petzone? :cry:

I'm not sure if they would be allowed to advertise without saying they are a business??? hume

Do let me know how you get on, THANK YOU! Paulie :D

Definately a lesser - I've got one with a fair amount of yellow on him. Let them know they face a hefty fine if they are trying to sell him without cities papers :( Poor little mite, wish I could help him, but already have a male lsc and wouldn't dare bring in another one.

awww the poor thing! those cages are the devil... i live not too far from wigan but have just been warned by the other half not to even think about it! i wouldn't have a clue what to do with a cockatoo, just hate seeing any animal in a bad situation. really hope somebody can help him :( xx

I spoke to the guy this afternoon. It is a petshop and he is insistent that he is selling a 3 year old Medium Sulphur :roll: :lol: With the colouring and the width of the beak I would say he is definitely a male LSC. The bird has no ID, so could be any age.

We are not in a position to help this little fella but if anyone would like any more info on him I would be willing to go over there to have a look and speak to the seller. I have the name and address of the shop if anyone wants it.

That's for speaking to the guy Paulie, I hope he finds a home soon, I hate to think of him in a pet shop with people poking him during the day and no love once the shop shuts :cry:

I wonder how he came to be there? Maybe someone else who couldn't look after him? If he is definately a Lesser being sold without paperwork, what would happen if he were reported?

I wouldn't want the poor bird to be stuck in that pet shop for longer than necessary. Surely there must also be cage size guidlines for a bird of that size, for him to be in a small round cage can't be right?

You could try calling defra, if you know and are sure it is lesser..does look like one to me too.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/ask-defra/contacts/index.htm

or

Trading standards.

They should be able to advise you.

Opening Hours 9am - 5pm

Phone Number 01942 827476

Fax 01942 488405

Address Wigan Council, Unity House, Westwood Park Drive, Wigan, WN3 4HE

Whether the person selling is ignorant of the regulations, or is lying, I think speaking to him first Tory and getting a feel for him would be a good move.

There are still people who are in the pet trade who have no idea....no excuse but true.

Call trading standards tomorrow. They should be able to advise you.

On who else to contact, or they may do it,

They will also be able to tell you the requirements of pet shops and cages.

If he is a lesser then that is a beginning, his description is wrong.

It is impossible to tell from the picture if the cage allows the bird to stretch his wings, (though I doubt it, pictures can be deceptive, it does look small....and round:-( ) and if the shop is selling on for someone, they could say that bird had only just come in, and they were going to get an appropriate cage.

Good Luck