Sign in to follow this  
jessica23

Unweaned Baby? Breeders/Knowledgable owners needed!

Im putting this here just because the lory section doesn't get so many views and hopefully people might notice this and be able to help...

Please check out my post on the last page of this thread:

https://www.parrot-link.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=414478#414478

If this isn't rectified i feel a name and shame coming on :evil:

My mum has just phoned me (she has tried to contact him as im at work) to tell me that he's just hurled abuse down the phone at her...

Here's your post from page 3 of that thread (and I have popped a link on there to bring people here) ....

Hi all,

I am having some issues with the breeder regarding this bird. He is saying that it was perfectly healthy and fully weaned when i got it. The bird died (wont go into details) and he is refusing to return the money i paid for it.

On the knowledge of people here i told him that it was unweaned and had deformed legs and he is now denying all of that.

Im considering reporting him if he continues being threatening. If anyone here would be willing to say their opinions on the birds age and health (would also get a vet to look at it to confirm) please can you pm me as this has really got quite distressing now.

Jessica

I am so very sorry to hear that but (sadly) not overly surprised. I have no advice but hopefully others will be along who can help

I think it was clear to many of us, including a member who had bred a lot of Lories, that this bird was never fit to be sold. That is why we were so persistent in our questions. I think that the photos you took are evidence enough.

Thanks to those who have sent PMs.

Im hoping the matter will be resolved by the Lory people who have been fantastic and stepped in to help but we will wait and see what the breeder does... :roll:

who ever sold you that baby bird needs shooting. So sorry for your loss and the pain you have now to go through but once it's sorted hopefully this c..ow will never be allowed to keep a bird again.