Sign in to follow this  
elle

Would you sell your parrot for a bigger one!!!

Before anyone thinks that im thinking of trading in any of my birds, no im not and never ever would.

Im posting this because ive seen on preloved today an ad for a bird.

I know for a fact that this bird is being sold as the person has upgraded to a bigger bird - and now the other one has to go :evil:

Im sorry, but i really dont agree with that.

Just need to let off some steam :evil:

Maybe this member who on PL can explain to us? As id love to understand why, I also find this very upsetting :(

And one of your favourite birds Elle!

I would love the name and shame :-# , but maybe there is a good reason after all???

This is one of the reasons why I personally disagree with advice sometimes given that a person should start with a smaller parrot, conure, cockatiel etc which may well not be what the prospective owner has his/her heart set on. There is, I believe, a greater chance that a bird bought as a "starter parrot" will be sold on than say the bigger one that the owner really wanted from the start.

My thoughts for what they are worth.

I know nothing of this case in question and the circumstances surrounding it - m'lord.

:lol:

i think its best to ask why without slanging them on open forums really , there may be a genuine reason, have u pmd them to ask elle? if there is a genuine reason why they have to sell one it would be pretty heartless to jump to conclusions without knowing the full story so i would at least pm them to ask before slating them, are they a regualar member here?

sorry but it does seem unfair to jump to conclusions and talk about them before finding out all the facts in my opinion to be fair

Im shocked that this bird is being sold as the new baby one is demanding all of this persons time, so its best that the other one goes to a new home.

Surely this should have been thought about before buying another bird :shock:

Thats what i dont understand :cry:

think its best to ask why without slanging them on open forums really , there may be a genuine reason, have u pmd them to ask elle? if there is a genuine reason why they have to sell one it would be pretty heartless to jump to conclusions without knowing the full story so i would at least pm them to ask before slating them, are they a regualar member here?

sorry but it does seem unfair to jump to conclusions and talk about them before finding out all the facts in my opinion to be fair

Ive not mentioned any names - and yes i do know that the facts, i wouldnt have posted otherwise.

This is one of the reasons why I personally disagree with advice sometimes given that a person should start with a smaller parrot, conure, cockatiel etc which may well not be what the prospective owner has his/her heart set on. There is, I believe, a greater chance that a bird bought as a "starter parrot" will be sold on than say the bigger one that the owner really wanted from the start.

My thoughts for what they are worth.

I know nothing of this case in question and the circumstances surrounding it - m'lord.

:lol:

This makes so much sense well said little als mum :P

We would love a larger bird like an amazon or a grey but we dont have enough time for either and there is no way we would ever part with our little senies they are part of the family now and will never have to adjust to life with anyone else as a result of an "upgrade" :D

Guest Telemmaite

Who the hell do u think u are, slagging me off in a public forum when u know jack ****. i sussed u and freebird and the stupid bloody phone calls i have been getting. straight away, at the end of the day its got stuff all to do with u why i am selling one of my parrots.

and just for the record it is not coz i have upgraded

did i use your money to pay for them NO

so mind your own bloody buisness

if you have a problem with me selling my parrot have the guts to phone me and tell me yourself

if not butt out

Who the hell do u think u are, slagging me off in a public forum when u know jack ****. i sussed u and freebird and the stupid bloody phone calls i have been getting. straight away, at the end of the day its got stuff all to do with u why i am selling one of my parrots.

and just for the record it is not coz i have upgraded

did i use your money to pay for them NO

so mind your own bloody buisness

if you have a problem with me selling my parrot have the guts to phone me and tell me yourself

if not butt out

Well now we all know who the thread is about anyways.

Moderators hat on -

As up until now as no names had been mentioned I was allowing the thread to run.

Please can everyone keep this thread civil and polite else I will lock it without any prior notice.

Many thanks.

Guest Telemmaite

the title of the thread says it all.

having phoned this lady up to enquire why she is selling her the words were exactly " i have a macaw now and they dont get on, so one has to go"

:( :(

well u must be going deaf then coz those were not my exact words either

so tell me were you just **** stirring like the others aswell

or just being nosey, coz again it got nothing to do with any of u why im selling her, is it a crime to sell a parrot now

coz i sure as hell wont be made to feel guilty by any of you

Totally agree with Little Als Mum's decision - no names were given yet Telemmaite decides to have a rant and ignore a Moderator's polite request = topic locked

I see yet again a specific other forum is using ours to air grievances - we will not tolerate this sort of behaviour

Take it elsewhere or drop it but NOT HERE - go back to your own little forum and discuss whatever issues any of you may have there (but be quick or it's likely to be deleted and members banned)