Sign in to follow this  
kleopatra

Out of date products in my tesco delivery

I just opened a pack of scones delivered today by tesco, took a bite, knew something wasn't right, looked at the expiry date........ says sell by 16th Jan 09. Checked second pack same thing, 16th Jan.. Well i have rang them up and the prat i spoke to says all he can do is refund the items..... i said thats not good enough, they are 4 days out of date, but he kept saying the same thing. Anyone have any idea where i stand with this???

trading standards would be interested i am sure, if not go higher in tesco and try head office that is not on neither is the attitude, you should be reimbursed and some vouchers too give em hell i would

They should refund you and give you some form of compensation.

I once complained as they overcharged me for a pomegranite and they refunded me the money and doubled it. This was instore though.

My company supplies products to Tesco and i know for a fact that if a customer complains they refund the money and they also give a little extra to compensate. Tesco then charge it back to the supplier with a £25 admin fee + whatever they compensated the customer :shock: 0.

I would ring them back and ask to speak to someone higher.

I have a delivery every week and have to complain at least once a month about something being either out of date or in date but mouldy (usually punnets of peaches) They only usually refund the cost but they have a couple of times refunded the delivery charge too. On the whole they don't give a bad service the majority of the time and saves me doing my most hated thing in the world.. shopping!!