Sign in to follow this  
kazz939

thanks to pippy900 for an idea

thanks to always looking at your wonderful photos i came up with an idea-to hang my tube up on a length of rope. Only i didn't have any suitable rope so i had to improvise with some thin 3 ply sisal which i did some finger knitting with (memories of my childhood lol!!) so i now have sore fingers as the sisal is quite harsh but tiki is happy with her tube now hung up instead of being on the cage floor.

I dread to think how long this lot took - need a wide angle lens to catch it fully as it spreads nearly 15 feet across the conservatory!

Posted Image

Can't go past a hardware store without investigating their rope :lol: If I want to repair or change any of it now, it has to be when she is in her cage as she gets a tad touchy about it.

Needless to say, seating in the conservatory, is not placed underneath! :wink:

wow!! that looks amazing! i'm so jelous... liono would just be more interested in the ceiling light and fan though i think... well... that's if he dared to fly up that high! :cry:

Thats great sparkkwing and what a great idea hanging the cargo up on all corners instead of hanging downwards......ooooh you have given me ideas now.

She uses it far more now its that way round.

If you can do a simple platt or have ever made friendship braclets - then think on a bigger scale - in a jungle viney sort of way! I have also wrapped different ropes over other rope and also those willow twigs (from PAH) for rodents/rabbits and incorporated beads, dog toys, loofahs as well as baby toys and parrot toys. All can be extra secured with string - tied firmly and ends snipped off.

I havn't sat and designed it or anything technical - just played with some stuff and the rope jungle grew! B&Q do untreated unwaxed sash window cord which I have used alot - not the more slippery nylon variety. Got OH to put the hooks up securely though.

It gives her loads of perching/climbing/playing areas without having to trip over them constantly - and toys that stay put - for a while anyway!

Thats great sparkkwing and what a great idea hanging the cargo up on all corners instead of hanging downwards......ooooh you have given me ideas now.

Me too! I've been wanting to get a cargo net for Mojo and Shinda but have held off due to their foot issues.

Never thought of having it horizontal! I reckon they'd both be able to play on it that way! :D

Guest eblimegreen

oh my goodness....how amazing is that play area :-) you should charge admittance and you could hold workshop classes for owners :-) Jasper's eyes would pop out of his head if he saw that....hope he didnt see my computer screen :-)

sparkwing youve given me more ideas but i think if i did anything that big my hubby would move out lol

You can always make a perch for him! :roll:

Cargo net bit was dead easy to put together - nice thick rope. Cut 4 or 6 lenghts the same length, another 4 or 4 same or different length. Good idea to clear a table or bit of flloor to lay it out on. Get it to size shape you want then bind all the places where the ropes cross each other (weave them if you want but not essential). Trim up loose ends and attach toys if you want and hang a bit like a hammock.

Then watch parrot ignore it for several days before giving it the attention it deserves!

i was thinking i could make two one parroty one for the front room and a big cargo net for hubby in the bedroom he wouldn't be able to get off so no moaning!!!haha (only joking he doesn't moan that much and he usually says that the parrot gets more attention and loving than him-get the violins out!!!!). Seriously though the cargo net with toys hanging is a great idea-thanks for sharing

Willow seems to love it (as long as OH or myself in the room with her of course). She still loves the first stand OH made for her - out of my mother's walking stick (I'm sure she would approve).

Spoilt little ball of feathers!