Sign in to follow this  
nia

water

do you all use tap water for your birds?I have just been reading online that tap water can be a risk to birds cos of the added extras and that pure bottled water is advised even for soaking/sprouting seeds.Is this just a little bit OTT or do you all use bottled water?

Posted Image

Mine actually drink it straight from the tap! If they want a drink when they're out they fly to the tap and wait for me to turn it on rather than to the water bowl on the playstand!

All mine love drinking from the tap water.

I have to watch the conures though when im doing the washing up as they love to have a bath in my washing up bowl, so i have to let them have a bath first :roll:

i use bottled and freddie does seem to enjoy it more, but he also drinks his bath which is tap water and im sure its fine

I nearly posted a similar topic last night after reading in a book that tap water should never be given. I was thinking that with the book being from america it may have just been due to poor water quality abroad?

We have started giving tam bottled water but only due to him drinking alot with him possibly still being poorly.

I think the water in this country does contain alot of chemicals to help combat corrosion in the pipes etc but if its ok for us.....

cheers mick

I would not drink unboiled water myself so I do not like the birds drinking it,

I have brought a Electrolyzed Alkaline Water Filter (which is used in hospitals ) for the birds :lol:

We do not have mains water: it comes from a spring. I either use it neat or filter it as we have slightly high Aluminium levels. The tap water will depend on where you live. Recent research has suggested the possibility that plastics used in water bottles etc MAY actually leave chemicals in the water which affect hormones.

http://www.exrx.net/Nutrition/Disrupters.html