Sign in to follow this  
threeladdies

Future Forum

What type of forum would you like Parrot-link to be?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What type of forum would you like Parrot-link to be?

• Rescue orientated
    • Pet bird orientated
    • Breeder orientated
    • Rescue, Pet, Breeder Mixed

Posted Image

"Rescue, Pet, Breeder Mixed" but would add ...... prospective owners, those just interested, past bird keepers, keepers of other-than-parrot bird species, youngsters dreaming of a parrot in their adulthood etc and etc

Basically, I'd like to see the forum as it is now and keep expanding it's knowledge base daily, post by post - that needs members from every sphere as each has valid things to share, things yet to learn and the pleasure of sharing all things parrot related.

I voted and with the same comment as Roz :)

It would be nice to keep the forum as it is, without the (for a better way of wording this) constant snipping at breeders... Without breeders there would be no youngsters either for pets or for future breeding stocks :)

Everyone whoever they are should be welcomed.

I agree with that but if I'd said it it would be "Everyone whoever they are IS welcomed."

This forum has a reputation for allowing strong debate even on subjects that have two or more firmly opposed camps of opinion.

It means not everything posted will always be to everyone's liking but it does show the full spectrum of parrot keeping and I'm proud of our Parroty-Place for that

I have voted for the mixed rescue, pet and breeder - it's good to have a knowledge of all three and it's enjoyable to have contact with people that have experience with rescue, pet or breeding birds

I voted same as Roz.

Please remember that rescue and breeding can link hand in hand, rescues (the reason for them) are very varied not just because the owner got fed up of their hand reared baby bird, and breeding takes many forms. Simply put there are many reasons for rescues and breeders and not all the reasons are negative ones.

This forum is big enough to cater for all tastes and all levels of knowledge, the problem is the two coming together is a realativly new occourance and we ALL have just to remember to be polite to each other!

There is a fundamental flaw with this poll as it suggests that I can affect the nature of the forum somehow. If breeders or any other group wish to be better represented then all they have to do is take a more active part. It is true that pet-owners probably have a greater voice than any other group at present: the simple reason is that they are more actively involved in the forum in terms of posting so their views are more often represented.

Sorry David. It wasn't meant to come across as you being able to affect the nature of the forum. It was meant simply to see what the majority of the members are happy with.

I think if all the members were voting for a pet forum for example then the breeders might have been better of to look elsewhere.

So far the members appear to be happy with things the way they are :D in which case it would be nice if breeders could once again feel comfortable to post more often.

i voted for the mixed option, what i personally would love to see is a thread by breeders about breeders, a diary, day in the life of etc with pictures too would be awesome, i love to watch the development from egg right through parent reared and hand reared, i would love to know what went into making my birds what they are today

and the same as above from rescuers perhaps im just a nosey old thing but i would find all of the above fascinating and i know i would learn loads too

ive voted for the mixed option.

Ive got rescue pets and pets from breeders, so im for both.

Im with what Freddie says, i love seeing pics and development etc and particularly enjoy reading about the lesser known birds etc. I would particularly love to hear more about lorikeets and lories and of course more Ekkies :D I enjoy reading David's posts about his birds :D

I also like reading about birds that have been rescued and how they have progressed and seeing the before and after pics.

I joined the forum to learn more to care for my Pet birds.... So i voted for Pet Birds. I assumed we all came here for the same reason, for the care of our birds, no matter where they came from; rescue or breeder.

I voted the same as everyone else lol, i joined this forum when i was first looking for a parrot, i found my wonderful Jack from a breeder on here and i loved it so much i have stayed. Yes we have had debates and arguements but the strong bond on here keeps me coming back. The people on here have kept me going through the worst days of my life and for that i love them all, even those no longer with us.

I voted the same as everyone else lol, i joined this forum when i was first looking for a parrot, i found my wonderful Jack from a breeder on here and i loved it so much i have stayed. Yes we have had debates and arguements but the strong bond on here keeps me coming back. The people on here have kept me going through the worst days of my life and for that i love them all, even those no longer with us.

I think you mean your dear Mum, Jack and Abez, Have to agree with you there xxxxxxx

edited to say I do read and take in things sometimes lol

I chose the mixed option too. I love the forum how it is. It is the only forum that i am part of where i don't feel too scared to post anything incase i get jumped on. (Like a certain reptile forum i am part of). Everyone is very helpful and welcoming, and i enjoy reading everyones topics and looking at everyones photos :) Whether they are pet owners, breeders or rescuers :D