Sign in to follow this  
nia

does this look like a scam to you?

hi,

I contacted this man re an advert I saw online(can't even remember where now as I have responded to so many over past 2 weeks).The following is his response.After almost falling for the camerron scam I am now doubting everyone-how bad is that of me!

Thanks for your interest in our parrots.we still have three parrots ready for adoption into good homes.all our parrots are hand trained and well tame in in our home and around kids and other home pets,weaned and up to date on all shots and worming.were raised in our home alongside kids and other pets.they are so friendly and will make a perfect house companion.these little boy and girls are just 2 years old and are expected to have a life spand of over 60 years.thay are very excellent talkers having the ability to combine upto 150 words.they shall be coming with all health papers and a one year health guarantee.microchiped.these babies are free to good homes since we shall be relocating next week.these babies are free into good homes but you should be ready to take care of the delivery fee which you shall be required to pay directly to the agency that will be delivering your parrot to your home. we shall need

your full names,

detail home address address

and your phone number.

we shall be very grateful if these these babies are given a very good home out there and as such we will need to know if you are an expart in pets or not and if you can promise to take proper care of these babies and always keep us informed about the health of this parrots and al;ways email us recent shots for us to see how they are doing .they do visit the vet on a regular base to ensure they are in good health.we are located in ISLE OF MAN UK from where we shall have the baby delivered to you through a very reliable delivery agency.all we are looking for is just a good home for these babies.if you are ready to take any of these babies then get back to us and let know exactly what you will love to take home.all our babies are ready to go with the following

all health papers

vaccination cards

parrot cage

parrot playing toys

parrot food for two weeks

parrot daily diet manual

If you can promise to love and care for any of these babies get back to us so that we can proceed on how to get the sex you need delivered to your home.

hope to hear from soon.

God Bless You

Guest ramagel

Completely and absolutely a scam: easily spotted as such. Even if not, would you like to deal with folks like this?

"shots and worming"? I must check with my vet, maybe I'm missing something here ....

apalling spuling and grammar

"free to good homes - we're relocating next week": Oh - yeah - uhhh - we forgot about all these birds we'd been so diligently raising around our kids and animals for 2 years!

"take care of the delivery fee which you shall be required to pay directly to the agency that will be delivering your parrot to your home": Emmm - eh? They're just on the IoM - pop over and see them and bring the 'free' bird back with you. You'd want to see any bird before giving it a home, wouldn't you?

"they do visit the vet on a regular base to ensure they are in good health": Really? Mine don't. Not if they're in good health they don't.

"get back to us and let know exactly what you will love to take home" Emmm .... a talking one, please.

You can also pick out some of the more convoluted phrases e.g. "let know exactly what you will love to take home" and google them and see which scurrilous rags the adverts appear in.

PS: on spelling and grammar: I'm not having a pop at those who grew up when it was fashionable NOT to teach those things, but if you are trying to present a credible image to a potential client you'd put a little more care and attention into the wording of your primary 'sales tool'.

Guest ramagel

thnx.glad I haven't wrongly mistrusted someone lol.

I recommend mistrusting everyone* until they give you a reason not to: but then I'm just a terrible old curmudgeon.

*especially if you don't know them and they are trying to sell you something or give you something

Guest ramagel

I have responded to so many over past 2 weeks

Take your time.

I'm not sure what bird you're looking to get, but you're going to live with it (I hope) for maybe upwards of 50 years.

There's no hurry. Get the right bird from the right place.

Take your time.

I'm not sure what bird you're looking to get, but you're going to live with it (I hope) for maybe upwards of 50 years.

There's no hurry. Get the right bird from the right place.

hi,

the reason I responded to so many was because I wasn't sure initially what bird I wanted.I have since decided I would like either a grey or quaker-but am open to suggestions if anyone thinks another type would be more appropriate in my household.