Sign in to follow this  
MadMudMob™

Happy, happy me! = NOW WITH PICS :)

Yeehaaaa, have persuaded Hubby to let me have a parrot again now that my new med regime seems to have me stable and at least a little able again Posted Image

Went to see an OW Amazon last week who is advertised locally - approx 2 years old and in super physical condition. Will take food from a hand 'she' knows (looks like a female but not DNA'd) but was parent reared so is not tame. Originally bought from North Cornwall Aviaries.

I did notice she does wing quiver when spoken to by her present owners and she seems very steady. Their reason for selling was their hand reared Grey dislikes the OW hugely. I suspect they found her a disappointment in the cuddly stakes and then opted for a handreared parrot instead of waiting to let her become fully tame - they've only owned her 2 months.

The accompanying cage is a large modern one plenty big enough but only has two basic dowel perches, 2 feed bowls and one toy.

I feel honoured to be able to try again; have been so very blank about life since Fezz went (but couldn't have asked for better new people to own her!). Hubby Dearest thought this would be his last chance to enable me to try with another bird and I can't tell you how privileged and loved I feel right now.

Stv will do the daily chores and Darling Daughter (Bridie) will do the major things like a weekly thorough cage scrub. My emotions are a mix of excitement yet a deep dread that all will not work out and I'll be rehoming if I am unable to keep up at least minimum care myself.

Pssst: presently called Star but doesn't know it - initial thoughts on a name are Hope Posted Image

if id know you was looking for another bird i could have given you a silly tame ow amazon that was desperate for a home. she had got three nails missing but that was all that was wrong with her.i only keep the very disabled birds, its so hard to find geuine homes and i have been watching your posts. and of course i would have home and vet checked you.good luck with your new bird.

She's in super condition and is just showing me she likes a bowl of mixed veggies.

The previous owners may not have known how to encourage her to be more tame but they looked after her well physically, gave a varied diet and sprayed her weekly.

By the smoothness of her beak I'm inclined to believe her age is about two as they say .... certainly not the layered/flaked beak of a thoroughly mature OWA.