Sign in to follow this  
Fuzz

Kobe in Parrots Mag

Kobe's story is going to be in the Jan edition of Parrots Mag - "Living with Kobe, the Blue-headed Pionus".

He is an amazing bird - so smart! His new phrases are "very, very SPECIAL!" and "wiiggy, wiiggy, wiiggy" which stumped me for a while until I realised when I tickle his tummy I say "Tiggy wiggy wiggy!"

Here are some pics of the "special" one!...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies. :D It's been quite a year with him - packed with highs and lows. I have learned so much! I can also see all too easily why parrots can be shunted from home to home. The most difficult lesson I have had to learn is not to take things personally. I'm so glad I worked through the bad times - they make the good ones all the more special. :mrgreen:

Posted Image

Haha - Laura - no it's not a kilt but a tartan blanket (my father is Scottish and keeps sending them! :D ) ... so it is acting as a book protector!! Not very effective at the edges though!...

Posted Image

Roz - I think they are fairly new in aviculture which is why they aren't that popular. Also a lot of rubbish has been written about them. They seem to have this couch potato reputation, but all the owners I know, me included, think that's absolutely untrue. Kobe is ALWAYS up to something. He loves to hang upside down... even found a way to inside his tent!...

Posted Image

He is such fun! :lol:

Haha - Laura - no it's not a kilt but a tartan blanket (my father is Scottish and keeps sending them! :D ) ... so it is acting as a book protector!! Not very effective at the edges though!...

:lol::lol: I promise not to tell him what you're using them for then :wink:. Ha ha, I think all us parroty-people have "unusual" methods of protecting our household items....*thinks of plastic turtle kids toy which Chilli macaw hates and which "protects"/ lives in the 5 inch hole in dining room door that she made* :twisted: :roll: :D

Laura wrote

*thinks of plastic turtle kids toy which Chilli macaw hates and which "protects"/ lives in the 5 inch hole in dining room door that she made*

Priceless :lol::lol::lol::lol:

That picture of Kobe hanging in the tent,,,he must wrap his foot round the wire bit...don't think I would find that comfy...obviously he does :lol:

Laura wrote

*thinks of plastic turtle kids toy which Chilli macaw hates and which "protects"/ lives in the 5 inch hole in dining room door that she made*

Priceless :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: