Raspberries

Gooseberries

White currants

Black currants

Apples

Pears

Plums

Damsons

My question is, if I feed them to my parrot is there any risk of worms or other parasites from garden fruit, providing it's washed properly?

Hello Nezzer, an interesting question.

I have apples, red currants, black currants, a few rasps and LOADS of blackberries (or brambles as they're known up here)- also mostly unwanted btw :roll: :lol:.

I feed them all (well whatever the blackbirds decide to leave me that is) to my two. They're both loving the red currants at the moment and my living room walls are proof of that!! Ha ha.

I suppose if you're worried, then you could freeze/cook/stew the fruit to kill any unwanted creepy-crawlies :?:. Not much help, sorry, but I personally think that fruit from a garden is likely to be much "safer" for my birds than that from the supermarkets (assuming you haven't used any pesticides etc of course).

Thanks for the reply Laura. I haven't used any pesticides and have decided to freeze some of the fruit anyway. I've been washing everything thoroughly before it's given to my parrot. As you say it should be safer than the fuit and veg from the local supermarket.

my two eat all the veggies and berries growning in the garden from the rowan berries right through to the green beans

i reckon its better and fresher than the shop stuff and as you say natural with no pesticides